lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2012, 07:14 PM   #1
dewy
Getting Wild

Default 1992 ParCar throttle troubles

Just purchased a 1992 parcar for a very good price, its in immaculate condition and the previous owner had it sitting in his garage for the last 3 years without running it. It fires up as soon as you push the gas pedal in, he told me it ran before he parked it and he figured the reason it did not take off now was due to bad fuel from sitting for so long. I got it home and decided i would look at the throttle before i checked anything else. It fires up as soon as you press the gas but seems that its not getting enough fuel to move.. i found that when you pressed the gas pedal the throttle on the carb does not open at all. I looked underneath the pedal and when it was pressed down the cable just go alot of slack and did not pull through.. i thought maybe the throttle cable was broken... so with the pedal down i used my hand to open the throttle at the carb (with the key turned off), as soon as i let the gas pedal go the cable pulled tight and closed the throttle at the carb, which proved that the cable was not busted... what would be causing the throttle to not open when you press down the pedal? could the throttle spring that springs the throttle open when you press the pedal down be the cause of the problem? what else could be the problem?
dewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-15-2012, 07:15 PM   #2
dewy
Getting Wild

Default Re: 1992 ParCar throttle troubles

took a closer look and found that i am missing the spring that opens the throttle valve when the gas pedal is pressed.... item # 24 on page 61 of this manual.... http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/colum...UTILITRUCK.pdf

anyone know where i can get one of these springs?
dewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 06:28 PM   #3
fredtx
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Default Re: 1992 ParCar throttle troubles

Is there any where I can get a picture of how the cables, fuel lines and wiring are run?
fredtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar