lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2015, 10:56 AM   #21
myardley
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 95' Club Car Potentiometer Problem

Ok I will check when i get home. But just from memory I know that looking at the solenoid the right side of it has the cable coming from the battery and 3 other smaller cables (red,green, and blue maybe). But there is 4 total, not sure if that matters?

Left side just has one yellow large cable going to controller
myardley is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2015, 11:37 AM   #22
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Your right it does have 3 wires. To make it simple just remove the large yellow one plus the resistor and ohm across the large solenoid contacts with the throttle up and down. Should have zero and open/OL.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 03:10 PM   #23
myardley
Not Yet Wild

Ok just to be clear there was a yellow cable connected to the left side of the solenoid going to the controller, and a black cable connected on the right side going to the battery and 3 other smaller cables (red, red, and green, Not sure what these cables do)

I removed the yellow cable and the resistor and placed the probes of the volt meter on both terminals and set it to 20 Ohms.

volt meter read "1" - not pressing accelerator.

When i pressed the accelerator the meter bounced around from 0.01 to 0.04, mostly at 0.03.

I apologize, but i am not sure what you mean by "Should have zero and open/OL."
Old 06-21-2015, 03:23 PM   #24
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok I'm convinced your solenoid is good. If I were you I would go back and double check all the connections and instructions for wiring in the new MCOR.
Old 06-21-2015, 03:29 PM   #25
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Forgot some meter read 1 for a open circuit some real OL. Most meters read zero for a short but yours reads .03 etc. Just different terminology for different meters.
Old 06-21-2015, 03:43 PM   #26
myardley
Not Yet Wild

Ok I will double check. If it is hooked up correctly is there anything else i should suspect is creating this problem?
Old 06-21-2015, 07:09 PM   #27
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

This is how I understand it. Once the solenoid pulls in all of the conditions for the cart to run have been met. The safety chain was been satisfied. One of the things that will still keep it from running at this point is the throttle input from the MCOR. After that it might get expensive because it might be the controller or motor. But I'm betting on something in the MCOR hookup since the one you took out wasn't the same as the one you put in. As usual be careful this cart might take off on you unexpectedly. Put it up on blocks or jack stands.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:59 AM   #28
myardley
Not Yet Wild

Ya that makes sense, ok i will attempt to do this. I will post an update after. Thanks for the info
Old 06-22-2015, 07:18 PM   #29
myardley
Not Yet Wild

Update:

Re-checked my installation of the MCOR4.. Followed the directions again, everything good.

Depress pedal and solenoid clicks, no movement.

Not sure what you meant when you said "throttle input from MCOR might keep it from running"

You think i should troubleshoot the controller now? I checked the terminals on the controller. Side with yellow cable was getting like 23.4v when i was grounding it to the frame of the cart. Other side with ground wire was getting 0v..... But when i placed both probes of the volt meter on the two large terminals it read 50v... (Not sure what i am doing )
Old 06-22-2015, 07:28 PM   #30
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Not sure what you meant when you said "throttle input from MCOR might keep it from running"
I meant that the MCOR might be wired correctly to the controller.
The 23.4 volt is the voltage drop across the precharge resistor.

Quote:
But when i placed both probes of the volt meter on the two large terminals it read 50v... (Not sure what i am doing )
It should read 50v in standby but when you activate the throttle it should read 0 volts.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car