lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-24-2015, 02:59 PM   #1
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Default Did I fry my new controller

I have a 2003 CC DS 48 series cart. I installed a new GE 700 amp controller. I thought I had it secured and drove to test it. Drove about 25 yards and cart starting jerking and then continued. I drove a total of maybe 50 yards. Checked cart and controller had fallen down and contacted a motor stud. I then mounted controller securely and then cart would barely moved 10 feet. acted like a low voltage to motor. Now nothing. No solenoid click.I have noticed a yellow wire at solenoid unconnected. It has a spade connector on it but there is no place on solenoid to connect.
What steps should I take to trouble shoot.
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-24-2015, 03:12 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: Did I fry my new controller

test solenoid first

quick question ... do you have the mocr under the cart or the v-glide in battery area ??
Old 10-24-2015, 04:46 PM   #3
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

i have the mcor and I have jumped the two wire plug.
Also reverse buzzer worked intially after controller install, now, no buzzer.
Old 10-24-2015, 05:17 PM   #4
crash test dummy

in the diagram there is a yellow wire from solenoid to controller
and a smaller yellow one to obc

Old 10-24-2015, 06:00 PM   #5
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

The yellow wire I am referring to is the smaller wire that comes from the obc. I have bypassed the obc. I use a charger that I clip onto batteries when charging.
Solenoid now has one red wire on positive side of big post, and one red wire with spade connector to positive side of activation circuit. I have a ground on negative side of activation circuit to main battery negative.
There are two, 2 ga wires on solenoid, one from battery positive, one from controller.
Hope this helps.
Old 10-24-2015, 07:13 PM   #6
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Sounds like you may have fried the controller by shorting something to the motor connection.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 10:35 AM   #7
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Not sure what you burned out but if it is your controller, call FISP and see if they can take it back for repairs, it will be much cheaper than having to get a new one and the rest of the controller is probably still good. This is the one case where a repair is a good choice being it was new at the start.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 10:49 AM   #8
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

I am packing up to leave deer camp. Will remove controller and ship to fsip.
I will be back to camp in 2-3weeks. Hopefully controller will returned by then. Thanks about suggestion of controller repair.
Old 11-30-2015, 08:03 PM   #9
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Updates on cart. I shipped controller to FSIP and they repaired and returned. I had the chance to install today and cart is running much better.
I would like to measure my MCOR output. How do you do this? I bought a new one just in case, will keep for spare if mine is ok.
Repairing controller was cheaper than a new one. I can't remember exact price, but around $250. Expensive lesson.
Thanks for yall's help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car