lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2015, 06:22 PM   #11
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: Speed code 4 Excel motor (Cheap)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesmu2 View Post
I was just going to get speed code 4....Plum Quick would be great. I looked at website and show it could be upgraded for $225 cost. Not bad. Haven't researched removing motor...is it easy?
I found the motor change to be pretty easy on my DS cart. No jacking, remove basket and rear cover. It was easy to get to the bolts and nuts by reaching under the cart. I used a short battery cable to make a handle to lower the motor to the floor. Just be sure you put cart in TOW and remove battery cables first. Use two wrenches on the motor studs.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2015, 10:34 PM   #12
cartattach
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Speed code 4 Excel motor (Cheap)

I believe I read that the excel cart reads the same way the IQ does, but it's the way that data is interpreted that changed.
cartattach is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car