lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2015, 06:53 AM   #11
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

It all up to you and your cash flow. Wheel,tires and a lift can run a grand but a cart with new batteries already can save you 700.00

Sent with the newest version of Crap~A~Talk
Swan is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2015, 07:37 AM   #12
QDMAlan
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: What is this buggy worth?

I'd like to get into one at under 2,000. I don't mind eventually spending 4k or so on it total. I just want something that will last a while and can pull hills really well, I don't care about speed.
QDMAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 07:50 AM   #13
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'd look for a DS model, I think they would make a good hunting cart. You may be able to get one that is series and has a lot of torque capabilities, spend 1,00 on one with good batteries and spend as you can afford to upgrade the electrical system. Actually there are a lot of options, you can gut an older cart and just build a work horse cart or try and get one running and eventually rebuild it. To me I'd buy one I could gut and be build all of the electrical system to something more stout but that would leave you without a cart for a while. Thing is you needing a purpose built cart, high torque requires changes that stock just won't cut it so replacing good parts for better purpose built parts is expensive.
Just an opinion.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 09:06 AM   #14
QDMAlan
Not Yet Wild

What all entails a full gutting? New motor, batteries, controller, cables? What else would I need? I may be better off finding one that isn't running and just gutting it and getting it ready.
Old 10-27-2015, 09:51 AM   #15
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

In the case of wanting a purpose built cart, making it reliable, high torque, That would be my opinion, unless you can get some great deal on one already made that way but you will pay for it either way. In my opinion I want to know what I have so i would rather gut it and do it myself. Again it is my opinion.

A full gut and replace depends on the cart model & year made, on some of the newer carts there are things that will work fine as is and won't needing replacement. As far as what goes back in, i would contact one of the sponsors here and seek what they have to offer, most of them can sell you a package deal. I would guess a rough estimate would be around 2K without batteries, that estimate would be about $720 more on average for new batteries. I would first seek more opinions here, then find a cart first, see what you have to work with and I bet you can get that price down a bit.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:13 AM   #16
QDMAlan
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterman View Post
In the case of wanting a purpose built cart, making it reliable, high torque, That would be my opinion, unless you can get some great deal on one already made that way but you will pay for it either way. In my opinion I want to know what I have so i would rather gut it and do it myself. Again it is my opinion.

A full gut and replace depends on the cart model & year made, on some of the newer carts there are things that will work fine as is and won't needing replacement. As far as what goes back in, i would contact one of the sponsors here and seek what they have to offer, most of them can sell you a package deal. I would guess a rough estimate would be around 2K without batteries, that estimate would be about $720 more on average for new batteries. I would first seek more opinions here, then find a cart first, see what you have to work with and I bet you can get that price down a bit.
Thanks for all the good information. First thing is I will try to find the best shape cart I can find under $1,000 and then see what type of package I need to install in it. Now the search to find a decent cart for cheap is on
Old 10-27-2015, 10:32 AM   #17
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by QDMAlan View Post
Thanks for all the good information. First thing is I will try to find the best shape cart I can find under $1,000 and then see what type of package I need to install in it. Now the search to find a decent cart for cheap is on
Old 10-28-2015, 07:42 AM   #18
QDMAlan
Not Yet Wild

So I just found my cart. $500 with a charger - needs new batteries. What do you guys think? I am buying it either way as I already committed to it and have someone on the way to pick it up for me. The guy already had over twenty people call him this morning wanting to pick it up. I guess I got lucky because he knows my dad so he is holding it for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00V0V_ezwrlYqFtJ9_600x450.jpg (20.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 00T0T_lQvXjaZQEhL_600x450.jpg (17.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 00N0N_cJFAQbkvaXf_600x450.jpg (20.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 00K0K_lAIBVcuboRK_600x450.jpg (20.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-28-2015, 07:59 AM   #19
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Hey that's an EZGO!!! Just kidding...

Do you know the year and type of drive system?
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 08:13 AM   #20
QDMAlan
Not Yet Wild

I don't know anything about it yet. It's an older guy who has it and he speaks a little too redneck for me. I plan on stripping it down and putting a new controller and motor in it for better torque. I assume all EZ Go's are 36 volt?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car