lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2015, 01:16 PM   #1
Dale-D
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default lift kit install

Hello to all

Does anyone remember the name of the thread where someone ( maybe Tahoe Dawg ) did a write up with pics about doing a rear lift his way

It involved moving the rear break plates and shock mounts from one side to the other

Thanks in advance

Dale D
Dale-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-28-2015, 01:22 PM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: lift kit install

It has its own sticky

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...stall-way.html
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 06:24 PM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

It's a permanent fixture here on this forum. I did two of them this morning. Works like a charm.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 07:44 PM   #4
fishbooz
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
It's a permanent fixture here on this forum. I did two of them this morning. Works like a charm.
yes it does !! my cart ( rear brake ) would lock up because of the tight break cable after the lift ...very dangerous! until TahoeDawg fixed it " his way " at first I asked a local cart shop here about doing it that way and they wouldn't even attempt it so I took a little trip to Augusta to see David , no problems since !
fishbooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 09:02 PM   #5
Dale-D
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thank you guy's very much
I will be doing some switching around and I will be fabricating a set of rear spring shackles to lift the rear up 2 inches and I want that little extra cable length on the brake lines..........I will see if this will accommodate what I am trying to accomplish, if not, I will fabricate new plates that will accommodate my personal needs.............These HD rear springs make my ride FAR TOO ROUGH when I only have 1 or 2 riders in the cart, which is about 95% of the time, and the 2 inches with the stock springs, as well as cutting the wheel wells will keep the tires from rubbing with the additional load of the 2 extra riders, and if they do rub, I have some booster springs I can use that only hit on heavy loads
Old 10-28-2015, 09:06 PM   #6
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

If you want a soft ride put tall sidewall tires on and get rid of the low profile ones.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 07:44 AM   #7
Dale-D
Gone Wild

Club Car

The ride was very comfortable with these same tires, then I installed those HD Springs, and without 4 people on the cart, it is like the Flintstone Mobile

I'll try this and report back with photos of the Aluminum Shackles that I fabricate and if I need to fab new plates, I will use Aluminum also, since I have a source for it free from the Aluminum boat building companies here locally
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car