lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-09-2016, 09:20 AM   #11
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Advice needed for purchase of Precedent..

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kevlar- View Post
ive had it for a couple weeks now. It gets used moderately about 3-4 times per week. It stays plugged in. that distance is just fine for me and suits all my needs. I really couldnt imagine using it more than that.
Understood... Just pointing out that weak batteries can go undetected by frequent charging and moderately light use... Where we live is by no means flat and a round trip to the marina to fool with my boat is better than 2 miles so I can burn up 7-9 miles right quick...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-09-2016, 09:25 AM   #12
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

7-9 miles is toast IMO. That is only one round of golf. Nothing close to original capacity.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 10:28 AM   #13
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1911 View Post
My wife and I are preparing to buy our first cart in the next few weeks. Just a few questions I need help with.

1. What year did the Precedent switch to 6-8volt batteries?
2. What is the going rate for a 2010-2012 Electric with lights and rear seat?
3. Any known issues i should look for?
4. Any other advice you have would be most helpful.
1-
"Club Car Precedent - 2004 - 2008
Club Car Precedent I2 - 2008.5-Present... The I2 featured a slightly modified dash and allowed the use of either 4-12s or 6-8s in the original battery bucket. The Controller is mounted behind the battery pack on an I2, instead of between them in the center of the bucket. The I2 was available in either IQ or Excel (Serial number PQ or PH) from 2008.5 until 2012. In 2012 they went to 100% Excel. No More IQ. Excel controllers are identical to IQ in appearance except for color. IQ=Black Excel=Grey."* I think the OBC was eliminated in 2014. Current charging system called ERIC is easily researched if you want to know about it.

2- Varies by location. Check craiges list for comps. Unless batteries are new and can be proven, assume you will need new batteries and add that to get the true cost of the cart.

3&4- Check aluminum frame for corrosion and cracks. Cart should drive straight and be very quiet. Just like shopping for a car look at tire wear, noises when running, general condition and cleanliness and the environment where it is being sold as an indicator as to how it was treated. Serial no. sticker should be in place under or in dash in plain sight. Reject cart if no serial no.

Club Car, EZGO and Yamaha are far and away the most popular brands. Parts and service is readily available. Other brands require more homework before going that route.

My opinion of course

*TahoeDawgZ71
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 10:28 AM   #14
cphilip
Getting Wild

I just bought one for $2900 and some change OTD with rear seat, roof, new body, Lights, SS wheel covers, Windshield, aftermarket steering wheel, Rear view mirror, charger, Batteries are trojans and 2 year old and good. 6 month warranty on both cart, batteries and charger. I think thats about the going rate around here. Decent deal but not a steal I don't think.

This one...

cphilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 07:19 PM   #15
-Kevlar-
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by teecro View Post
Understood... Just pointing out that weak batteries can go undetected by frequent charging and moderately light use... Where we live is by no means flat and a round trip to the marina to fool with my boat is better than 2 miles so I can burn up 7-9 miles right quick...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
7-9 miles is toast IMO. That is only one round of golf. Nothing close to original capacity.
you both may be right, but 7-9 is just as far as ive driven so far. no battery light yet
-Kevlar- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 01:26 PM   #16
trinity1911
Not Yet Wild

are there any model years to avoid?

are there preferred model years?
trinity1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car