lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-19-2016, 02:55 PM   #1
Balthazar00
Getting Wild

Default BDI Batteries

Picked up a used 2001 Club Car DS a while back that has Duracell batteries in it and I think they're finally going bad. I say finally, but I only got about two years out of them (that I know of... Not sure how old they really were when I purchased the cart and there's no date indication anywhere on the batteries). Anyway... Has anyone had experience with BDI batteries? I think they're made by Crown. Looking at a set of 6 (8-volt) CR-150 BDI batteries for $559. CR-165 Crown batteries are $639. I know the Crown 165s have a longer hour rating, but I only use the cart for a lot of stop-and-go work on the property and not for very long distances or hours.

I just want to get a better idea of BDI battery quality and how long they last. I care for and maintain my batteries extremely well. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Balthazar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-19-2016, 06:06 PM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: BDI Batteries

Are you sure those are not 12v batteries? (BDI CR-150) Edit: I see they are calling both the 12v and 8v CR 150?

I have no personal experience with them. Sounds like they would be enough for your needs but for $80 I'd be tempted to go with the real deal. (8v CR 165)
Higher capacity=smaller hit per cycle=longer service life, generally speaking.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 06:49 PM   #3
Balthazar00
Getting Wild

Thanks, kernal! I may have a bigger problem, however. Going to post a new thread in just a few minutes. :-(
Old 01-19-2016, 08:10 PM   #4
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

If those Crown batteries look like the ones in this photo I would not buy them. I bought 6 of them and none of them lasted a year. They were sold as Crown batteries but nowhere on the battery does it say Crown. Just a picture of a Crown. My best advise would be to buy T-875's Trojans.(which I have now). Guaranteed for 18mo. They are 170Ah batteries and only $80 more than those junk batteries. @$120 ea
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IM008245.jpg (176.2 KB, 0 views)
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 08:14 PM   #5
Balthazar00
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjance View Post
If those Crown batteries look like the ones in this photo I would not buy them. I bought 6 of them and none of them lasted a year. They were sold as Crown batteries but nowhere on the battery does it say Crown. Just a picture of a Crown. My best advise would be to buy T-875's Trojans.(which I have now). Guaranteed for 18mo. They are 170Ah batteries and only $80 more than those junk batteries. @$120 ea

Good to know! Thanks!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car