lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2011, 12:10 PM   #21
fishb8
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Gonkulor, The Project

Looks good Gonk. As you know I did almost the same thing. Learned to weld also. Not pretty but strong.

Next project is to build a battery rack like you did. But I don't have the old one to compare to.

It is fun to do....
fishb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-21-2011, 01:45 PM   #22
Skipper_52
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Nice looking work.
Skipper_52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 03:11 PM   #23
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Looks good. Your this far in it, just call Plum Quick and those silly motor issues go away.

My two cents :)
I'm going to have to hide the pocket book from myself. I'll probably go the route of PQ in time. I have a runner so I don't see the need, yet, to spend the coin. Maybe with my tax return this winter.

Thank for the kind words guys. I know I won't have the snazziest cart seen here but it will be mine, and if I have fun doing it.....that's even better. Plus I would like it to be comparable or better than the CC Woody in town here

BTW a couple bugs flew into the paint, go figure. I don't wanna play with it anymore till the paint hardens up for a week. Maybe I'll use a paint file and touch up, but being that it's an item which rarely will be seen I might just leave it.

The battery rack wasn't to hard Fish. I just wish I had purchased 11 feet of angle. What I saw you did with your cart you won't have any troubles. A band saw would have made the job allot easier.

Here ya go Colt

Best Regards
Gonk
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 04:37 PM   #24
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Wow, that rear end came out looking great. Did you have it blasted before hand or how did you get it all cleaned up for primer?
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 05:02 PM   #25
oddpowers
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Great job Gonk!!!!
oddpowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:41 PM   #26
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Default Rear differential prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltf1991 View Post
Wow, that rear end came out looking great. Did you have it blasted before hand or how did you get it all cleaned up for primer?
Thanks guys.

Dude! I think I went over kill but I glass media blasted it after solvent cleaning. Then 220 grit the axle tubes. The differential body required lots of filing and 220 grit speed wheels. I have some special files which helped get into the nooks and crannies. After that I medium scotch brite the whole thing. I then degreased and applied a metal etch and prep, much like ospho. I let it sit for 24 hours and washed/wiped it all again with medium scotch brite, degreased again. Finally painted. That was only for the rear axle which noone will see. I'm afraid on how anal I'll be when I get around to doing body work But I'll have a whole winter to work that.

I just got done cleaning up my front rod ends, knuckles, steering stuff. I have to stop and go no further till I start putting things back on my frame because I'm running out of space to lay it all out. Once I started kicking/tripping over parts I did cleanup and locked the door.

Best Regards
Gonk

Last edited by Gonkulor; 10-21-2011 at 07:43 PM.. Reason: it didn't read right.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:37 PM   #27
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Hahahahah. Well atleast you know the paint will hold up great. Prep work is key and it looks like you got that on lockdown.

What are your plans now?
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 02:12 PM   #28
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Default The Project, theme and colors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltf1991 View Post
What are your plans now?
Great question Colt! Being a cold rainy day here, I spent hours and hours this morning looking at pictures from this site and Google. I think I have most of the plan set here.

First thing I need is my frame back from powder coat. Then I need my wheels. I'm afraid if I go too far without the wheels I'll have the proportions all off once if I do body work design without them.

I think Rodger's 33 Roadster is the closest thing I have found which match's what is in my head. He did such an awesome job. His thread is some 136ish pages and 2 years in the making. What that man went through. Wow. We still haven't seen what the final project looks like with finished upholstery. Maybe he has sold it? He did say it was for sale.

I plan to put front and rear fenders on it, also add doors. I do not know if i will put any chrome or polished aluminum on it yet. I'll take thoughts from others on that. I do want the major color to be black with either red stripes or flames. I'm leaning on the stripes. Stripes or flames will allow me to also add themed color trim accents. If I do add shiny wheels or steering wheel I could make the stripes/flames either white or silver. Or I could even go with a 3 tone black/red/white or silver?

But I need the frame back before much else. The tear down was quick. The next part is going to take me some time and money. I've already spent more than I should by getting those 8:1 gears. That put off the leaf springs and wheels. I may have to just get the wheels next and the leafs by spring.

I'll break out my plans in multiple posts
Old 10-22-2011, 02:21 PM   #29
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Default Gonkulor Head and Tail lights

Going with the classic rod theme. Here are some images I gathered.

For Headlights. something like these.

Taillights.

And stealing some of Colts work. I like the dash lights.

And of course.

I also had the thought of vacuum molding a dash cover and putting a reverse stencil wrap on it, then plug some colored fiber optics into it for dash back lighting.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:25 PM   #30
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Default Gonkulor, Wheels and tires

This is a tough decision, and I need to make it once and for all.

22" front and rear? 22" rear, 20" in the front? Put spacer on the back? More narrow tires on the front?

I like these but I could only find them in 10".

Tires something like this.

Maybe even

This decision will be a big one.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO