lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-26-2012, 07:43 PM   #11
PBB
Getting Wild

Default Re: Poor Boy Buggies 48V Stretch Limo Build

Nothing exciting to report today. I'll be picking up my 1x2 tubing tomorrow and sheetmetal for the floor and channel on the sides of the frame. I'm planning to shear some of the excess sheetmetal to make a wiring channel to run the length of the cart underneath and protect the wiring. I'm planning to bolt it to the bottom of the frame so it can be easily removed to access the wiring for any troubleshooting necessary down the road. Even though I didnt get much done to the cart, I sure built alot of stuff in my head today! Cant wait to get some metal so I cant get going.
PBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-26-2012, 08:43 PM   #12
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

This s very timely... I am helping a friend stretch his cart, basically using the stretch on mine as a design, but since I wasn't present when it was stretched I will be watching closely. Looks great so far!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Furyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:24 PM   #13
PBB
Getting Wild

I've been out of town some this week, but I finally got back in the shop today and got the 1x2 frame splices welded in as well as an additional piece of 1x2 tubing down each side for added strength. I'm not going to add the cross members just yet until I get my pod ordered. I'm not sure how it will bolt to the frame and I want to make sure I have them in the right place. I have posted a few pics of today's progress.

PBB
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Daviess%20East-20121201-00195[1].jpg (195.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Daviess%20East-20121201-00196[1].jpg (179.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Daviess%20East-20121201-00197[1].jpg (213.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Daviess%20East-20121201-00201[1].jpg (187.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Daviess%20East-20121201-00200[1].jpg (202.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-01-2012, 06:27 PM   #14
PBB
Getting Wild

Tomorrow I'm planning to break the channel for the outside frame rails, shear the floor plate and break a 3" wide channel to run underneath the cart for running the wiring. I'll post some more pics tomorrow once I get some more done.

PBB
Old 12-01-2012, 09:24 PM   #15
mtpolarbear
Polar Bear wild to you...

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBB View Post
Tomorrow I'm planning to break the channel for the outside frame rails, shear the floor plate and break a 3" wide channel to run underneath the cart for running the wiring. I'll post some more pics tomorrow once I get some more done.

PBB
It's about time you get something done! Looking good with that stretch. We both decided to run that 1x2 down the length for added strength. I was wondering if you were going to catch up to me. Serously great job! Look forward to seeing more progress.
mtpolarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:05 PM   #16
PBB
Getting Wild

Patrick, you dont know how tough it was to be away from home this week knowing I had steel at the house and the cart ready to put back together. It's a shame that a guy has to work for a living isnt it??

I wish I could just build and customize carts for a living, but i just cant make myself give up a good job with health insurance and a 401K!

I guess I'll just continue peddling carts and parts in my spare time and be happy with a little extra funny money in my pocket.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #17
PBB
Getting Wild

I got the extended floor pan sheared this afternoon and made the outer channel pieces for the frame as well as an aluminum wiring channel that I am planning to rivet to the bottom of the cart frame.

I chose to use aluminum to keep it as light as possible.

I'm planning to get the outer channel welded in place one night this week and work on drilling the floor pan etc. Hopefully I'll get the pod ordered this week so I can finish welding in the crossmembers where they need to be.

PBB
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Daviess%20East-20121202-00202[1].jpg (176.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-02-2012, 07:18 PM   #18
mtpolarbear
Polar Bear wild to you...

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Patrick, you dont know how tough it was to be away from home this week knowing I had steel at the house and the cart ready to put back together. It's a shame that a guy has to work for a living isnt it??

I wish I could just build and customize carts for a living, but i just cant make myself give up a good job with health insurance and a 401K!

I guess I'll just continue peddling carts and parts in my spare time and be happy with a little extra funny money in my pocket.
I hear ya on that J.O.B.. Too bad we just can't do whatever we want! I bet it was terrible knowing you were ready to build while you were gone.

Quote:
I got the extended floor pan sheared this afternoon and made the outer channel pieces for the frame as well as an aluminum wiring channel that I am planning to rivet to the bottom of the cart frame.

I chose to use aluminum to keep it as light as possible.

I'm planning to get the outer channel welded in place one night this week and work on drilling the floor pan etc. Hopefully I'll get the pod ordered this week so I can finish welding in the crossmembers where they need to be.

PBB
Aluminum for the floor pan, great idea that keeps the weight down.

Looks like you are coming along nicely. Keep up the great work!
mtpolarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:48 PM   #19
PBB
Getting Wild

Had some time before my boy's hockey practice tonight so I got the crossmembers welded up and welded in the outer rails and some supports. I also mocked up the wire channel under the cart. I've got to weld some tabs on here and there to bolt it to, but I think it will help in keeping the wires routed neatly and also make it easier to access the harness in case of any potential issues down the road.

Third pic is the huntin cart that needs a bath! No need to clean it up until season is over though. At least that's my excuse!

PBB
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Daviess%20East-20121205-00203[1].jpg (221.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Daviess%20East-20121205-00204[1].jpg (186.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Daviess%20East-20121205-00206[1].jpg (166.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-05-2012, 08:04 PM   #20
14superfly
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I am thinking about doing the same thing with my 2007. Seems pretty straight forward. Only question is what are you thinking about for brake cables. I can't find a longer set anywhere. Only thing I can think of is possible the stock brake cables for the EzGo Shuttle but I haven't researched if the lengths will be correct.

14superfly
14superfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO