lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2013, 11:55 AM   #1
Spanky21
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Upgrading

Hello all. My 6 volt battery pack is dead. I want to upgrade to a 48 volt system. I'm probably going to have to piece it together in the next few months due to monetary reasons. A few questions... Obviously I need new 8 volt batteries (which I will purchase last), a new speed control box with solenoid (I'm guessing at least 400 amp), 2 or 4 gauge wire (which one would be better?). I've been emailing back and forth with quick-plum motors and I am considering getting the purple upgrade. I currently have a 2004 EZ-Go TXT Series cart. The fella told me that he could upgrade my motor only if it were in the heavy duty black casing, but mine is in a gray casing which could easily overheat. I suppose I'll pay the extra $100 for the core charge. Is there anything else that would need upgrading? And what in the hell are "Splines"?

Thanks for any help!
Spanky21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-30-2013, 12:41 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Upgrading

Splines are teeth on a gear.
You can put 48v to the stock motor and get 33% torque and speed. This suits most people just fine. Go with a 500a control if you think you want an aftermarket motor later. Use 2g cables on 500 amp and up controller systems.
I hope this helps
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:55 PM   #3
Spanky21
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So ScottyB, should I purchase package 202? I see I can use it on my stock motor as well as an aftermarket motor if I choose to get one in the future? Also, I saw you said "amp". Is tha another part I would have to purchase? And if it is, what does that do? Thanks for the help!
Spanky21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:00 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Controllers are rated by how much current they will pass. 400 amps or 500 amps.

400 amps is generally good for flat campground use, 2-4 passengers.
Most off road carts require more amperage.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO