lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2013, 07:49 PM   #1
Knothead
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Installed new Alltrax DCX-500....ITS not functioning!

Hey guys...I have a 1995 Medalist with DCS. i put a Jakes 6" lift with 22" tires. I have been researching the site to decide on upgrades for my cart. I settled on upping the voltage to 48 volts & Alltrax DCX-500 w/400 amp solenoid from ScottyB. He suggested I post my problem on here to see what the "experts" think. I have installed the extra batteries (with heavy wiring) & controller. When I push the throttle, the solenoid activates, but motor does not run. I am getting incorrect voltage at the inductive coil (which I just replaced 30 minutes ago) at the ITS. I have 14.x volts at the white wire (both ends--at the controller & at the coil), & I have 13.x volts at the black wire (again, both ends). This voltage doesn't change with throttle position, which is why I replaced the coil in the first place, thinking it was bad. Can anyone tell me what might be causing this?

Thanks in advance.....David
Knothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-02-2013, 08:02 AM   #2
Knothead
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Installed new Alltrax DCX-500....ITS not functioning!

Nobody has any thoughts on this? Was hoping JohnnieB might chime in......
I'm going to call Alltrax this morning & pick their brain, but hoped someone on here had some input.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:10 PM   #3
buzzmanc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

If you ordered from Scottyb, then he would help you on this. I know that when I purchased items from him and had some glitches he wanted to help out. I posted to the site the problem and he sent me a pm to call him. I know that he will get you going.

Chris
buzzmanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:43 PM   #4
Knothead
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Smile Re: Installed new Alltrax DCX-500....ITS not functioning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzmanc View Post
If you ordered from Scottyb, then he would help you on this. I know that when I purchased items from him and had some glitches he wanted to help out. I posted to the site the problem and he sent me a pm to call him. I know that he will get you going.

Chris
UPDATE!!! I got it running!

No doubt, Scottyb is the man! We had talked a couple of times, as well as some emails. He was sorta stumped & suggested I talk to Alltrax. Rod & Richard @Alltrax were very nice & helpful, too. I was in the process of doing some more testing they all had suggested when I figured out the black wire wasn't making contact in the 10-pin connector with the pin on the controller. I sorta "mashed" it & made it work for now, but will buy another 10-pin connector & replace it ASAP.

I am thoroughly impressed with the performance of the voltage/controller upgrade! Can't wait to get a D&D motor from Scottyb now, to REALLY up the "oomph" factor! I have Perma-grin right now!

Thanks,
David

Oh, yeah....it'll run 22-23 mph on flat ground & 26 mph coming down the slight hill in front of my house! Plus, it'll pull the front wheels off the ground if I floor it when climbing a steep little bank I tried it out on! Woo-hoo! LOL

Last edited by Knothead; 05-02-2013 at 06:48 PM.. Reason: Left out something
Old 05-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #5
buzzmanc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Glad to hear that you got it going. It is nice when it is only something small although it was hard to diagnose. Have fun with it, hope to hear how you like the new motor. I am thinking of upgrading mine soon too.

Chris
buzzmanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:51 PM   #6
R8cer Ex
Yes dear

E-Z-GO

When you throw that new motor in take some tissue with you on the test drive. Either you'll poop or cry one of the two.
R8cer Ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:27 PM   #7
Knothead
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzmanc View Post
Glad to hear that you got it going. It is nice when it is only something small although it was hard to diagnose. Have fun with it, hope to hear how you like the new motor. I am thinking of upgrading mine soon too.

Chris
Yes, it was nice to finally figure it out! I felt it was something simple, but it was about to drive me crazy! I had nearly $1000 of upgrades (including the new 48 volt charger) sitting in the front yard that wouldn't run. It'll be a little while before I get the D&D motor, unless I toast the factory one unexpectedly....

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8cer Ex View Post
When you throw that new motor in take some tissue with you on the test drive. Either you'll poop or cry one of the two.
Hahaha! I'll remember your advice! I let my grown daughter take her Lab for a ride today.....she slung the dog off the seat onto the floorboard when she backed up the first time! She was impressed with the power of the upgrades, too!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO