lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2013, 06:05 PM   #1
jaredb03
Not Yet Wild

Default 88 coil marathon won't move

My 88 coil marathon won't move forward or reverse. Batts are charged and less than a year old. I was trying to put a 3 prong volt meter on when i must have shorted something out. I was following a diagram from a post on here which said to wire the key switch hot so the volt meter was on when the key was on and off when turned off. Has not moved since then. I thought it was a solenoid so bought a new one and it did not help. If you jump across the two large points on the solenoid it will take off. I have tested continuity on every wire I can get to and they are all good. The black box on the wiper shows 36+ volts going threw it when the pedal is pressed. I'm at a stand still cause I don't know what else to check.
jaredb03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2013, 06:08 PM   #2
jaredb03
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 88 coil marathon won't move

If you need anymore info let me know I'm ready to try anything and got my voltage tester ready if you need readings to something
Old 05-12-2013, 06:10 PM   #3
jaredb03
Not Yet Wild

Also the key switch is working, but solenoid is not clicking.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:35 AM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I'm not familiar with marathon resistor carts, but you basically have two circuits, the smaller wires, which activate the solenoid, and the larger cables, which supply power from the battery pack through the resistors, "gas" pedal, solenoid and motor. You've already proven that the second circuit is OK by bypassing the solenoid - don't do that again.

You now have to get a hold of a wiring diagram and start tracing out the circuit that makes the solenoid activate. There are switches, wires, and the solenoid itself could be bad.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:15 AM   #5
jaredb03
Not Yet Wild

Is there a way to bypass the FnR switch so i can elimenate that as a possibility? Also how do you test the wiper?
Old 05-13-2013, 11:02 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The wiper is in the high current circuit and the solenoid has to click before it enters into the picture.

Here is a schematic with the solenoid activation circuit traced.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Resistor cart - Schematic - KSI Traced.JPG (90.1 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:55 AM   #7
jaredb03
Not Yet Wild

I figured out what is wrong. One of the roller arm micro switches on the back of the FnR. It doesn't click and is stuck in the open position. The part # wz-2rw8225522t-s another number on it are 8730. Im having a hard time finding that exact part #. I have found a few that look just like mine except have three contacts and mine has 2. I found one that says it is a MICRO SWITCH #0722, and another i found is MICRO SWITCH 10606-G2.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:14 PM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The three terminal one will work. Just use the C (Common) and NC (Normally Closed) terminals.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Microswitch- 600x750 with labels.JPG (48.1 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO