lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2013, 07:29 PM   #1
KasDel
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Battery Water

OK, I have had my cart (2009 E-Z-GO TXT PDS 36 volt)for three months now and I have performed the three months worth of maintenance that was suggested by my dealer(monthly).

1. Just how much water do these suckers use? During the three months I have charged it to shutoff weekly. I also have the auto filling tubes to fill the batteries with and so far it seems to be doing a reasonable job. I have used about a third of a gallon. Does this seem correct?

2. The little indicator 'buttons' at each cell mostly show at the top but a couple are just a little below the top. When should I be worried about the fill point? Now or when they are further down?

Still on a learning curve here.
KasDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2013, 07:38 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: Battery Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasDel View Post
I have used about a third of a gallon. Does this seem correct?
sounds about right .. as for low as long as they are about 1/2" over plates your good
Old 05-23-2013, 07:52 PM   #3
KasDel
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Hummm! I have no idea how this watering system works. Guess I should 'pop' the system covers off and physically check the water level. I think(when I can!) that the indicators are some kind of a 'float' with the bottom being at the top of the plates. That being said there should be at least a 1/4 inch displacement that can occur in the indicator level before there is a problem.

Any comments from the audience on that theory?
Old 05-23-2013, 07:56 PM   #4
crash test dummy

Old 05-23-2013, 08:55 PM   #5
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasDel View Post
Hummm! I have no idea how this watering system works. Guess I should 'pop' the system covers off and physically check the water level.

Any comments from the audience on that theory?
After you pop 'em, throw them away along with the rest of the system, get proper caps, and do it manually.

You asked.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:58 PM   #6
KasDel
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
After you pop 'em, throw them away along with the rest of the system, get proper caps, and do it manually.

You asked.
Is there a problem with the system?
Old 05-24-2013, 05:51 AM   #7
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

The problem with these systems is that when they fail to work correctly the owner never knows because his own eyes have not seen the failure. Next thing ya know, you have one or more dry batteries, or severely flooded and diluted cells. Sure, its convenient, but unless you have xray vision you cannot verify what the system is or isn't doing.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:16 AM   #8
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

yes checking each one is not the funnest thing to do, but every two weeks i check every cell. I fill with a 4oz syringe so i can see the water level as i fill. I used to use a battery bottle but that too gave me a few over fills so that went away .
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO