lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2013, 08:22 AM   #1
Burleson1974
Not Yet Wild

Default Headlights

I need a light kits for my txt and I'm thinking about buying a light kit for it....what kind should I buy? I'm going to be using my cart strictly for hunting purposes and do not need tail lights and I also have a brush guard on it. Should I just wire in lights and mount them on the brush guard? Or should I buy the flush mount ones and just not mount/hookup the rear lights? Your thoughts? Thanks!
Burleson1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-25-2013, 08:33 AM   #2
Burleson1974
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Headlights

And if I mount the headlights on the brush guard, should I run them seperately off a 12 volt battery?
Old 05-25-2013, 09:40 AM   #3
crash test dummy

it would be easiest to just wire in offroad lights to your brush guard and use a 12v aux battery ...that way you don't pull power from you cart batteries
Old 05-25-2013, 10:30 AM   #4
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Another idea - you can get automotive fog lights at Walmart for around $20 a pair and put 36 volt halogen bulbs in them (if you are at 36 volts). No messing around with an extra battery or converters. I did it on my cart and it has worked out great for me . - RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:35 AM   #5
Click65
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I think a set of Baja lights mounted on brush guard would look nice, that's what I plan on doing, I was going to go with the flush mounts but think not now, definitely use an auxiliary battery,
Click65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:01 AM   #6
Burleson1974
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info!!
Old 05-28-2013, 03:40 PM   #7
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

If you go with the 36 volt lights, you could buy an on-off-on toggle switch (with adequate amp capacity), and wire them for parallel (bright), off, and series (dim). I don't hunt, but often go to neighborhood bonfires, and the ability to dim the lights is more courteous to others, and still provides plenty of light.

I did mine with 12 volts, but it works the same.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO