lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2013, 09:06 AM   #1
essobee33034
Not Yet Wild

Default 2000 TXT intermittent beep and stop has become no run condition.

I have searched the forums but haven't found this problem, so bear with me if this is a easily id'd problem.

Our family has a 2000 txt golf cart (K200) with stock everything. I have replaced the steering assembly, the rear springs, both rear hubs and the cart has given much enjoyment. However....

Intermittently over the last 6-12 months the cart would give 5 beeps while moving, sometimes down gentle hills, sometimes on flat ground, and stop. Allowing the cart to come to a complete stop and then pressing the gas, the cart would then operate normally. Last evening on our nightly tour du neighborhood the cart beeped and then refused to move. There is a whirring sound under the center of the cart (not to the rear of the cart like with a spun hub) but no wheel movement. I flipped the switch to tow and pushed my wife and dog home.

Does this ring a bell for anyone? Can you point me down the correct diagnostic path? Thanks!
essobee33034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2013, 09:13 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2000 TXT intermittent beep and stop has become no run condition.

Directional selection lever by your knee or rocker switch on the dash?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:24 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sorry, beeping must be PDS cart.
There is no 5 beep code, but there is a 2+3 which is thermal cutback. THis happens when the controller reaches max operating temp and should take a moment to cool before going again. When this happens again and again, it will eventually stop working.
When this happens it is time to replace the control.
Look at upgrade package #808 > http://cartsunlimited.net/Custom_Options.html
Old 07-01-2013, 09:43 AM   #4
essobee33034
Not Yet Wild

Wow, you fellas are quick!

It is a rocker switch on the panel for f/r.

Scotty, I am behind a firewall at work but will check out the link when I get home.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:52 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Gotcha, Link to 400a Alltrax control and 200a HD Solenoid package deal.
You should have 4g cables through out the cart too.
Click on my links in below to visit my website or google
Old 07-01-2013, 10:16 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Welcome to BGW!

I've believe I've been mistaken for you on numerous occasions, or at least been called by your phonetic username on more than one occasion.

--------
A PDS with an Alltrax DCX400 controller, HD solenoid and HD cables makes a nice cart for cruising the neighborhood.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:07 PM   #7
essobee33034
Not Yet Wild

On the name front, it's the name of our sailboat. I can't claim it, the previous owner distributed Esso gas.

Scotty, does changing the controller mean the cart is going to be faster now? I don't really need that, and probably shouldn't have that with 2 teenagers!
Old 07-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

you would get more speed and acceleration, but if you have a laptop, the alltrax is programmable for top speed and acceleration (and other stuff too). gotta get a "usb to serial" cable at radio shack or ebay ($12) the software is free on alltrax website.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Unbridled top speed would be 24 mph on stock tires. I preprogram each control for customers. No problem setting it up for any percentage of that before it leaves the shop so it is simply install and go for you... you would still have the 35% torque gain. We would just limit top speed and set reverse for 1/2 speed = safe for kids.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:25 AM   #10
essobee33034
Not Yet Wild

I was wrong! My 13 year old, without looking at the cart said, "Dad, that sounds just like what happened when the hub went bad on me?" I scoffed, placed my hand on his shoulders and regaled him with how he would someday be as smart and wise as me. He insisted, and I had to show him the error of his ways, so I took him to the garage to show him, and I was flabbergasted to see the axle shaft turning in the hub when put into gear! The noise sure sounded like it was coming from the center of the cart!

The beeping noise will still be there, so I will still need a new controller, but at least I can get up and running today!

Thanks for your help, gents, and look for an order Scotty as soon as budgetary approval is bestowed.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO