lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2013, 07:44 AM   #21
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: PDs help

Assuming you keep a computer in the garage booted up, and with a long USB cable, I'd think you could do it in less than a minute. Just get in the habit of "upgrading" it every time you want to ride, then "downgrading" it after hooking it up to the charger.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2013, 07:47 AM   #22
patgrim00
Gone Wild

Yea that's gonna be a pain of course ill prolly just either find a happy medium or she will have to learn how to ride wheelies and do burnouts lmao
patgrim00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:10 AM   #23
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Yep, for the time being, that's your option.

If the poster who wanted to build an HMI ever finishes his project, you could have two keys - one for you, and another for everyone else - like some cars have.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:20 AM   #24
patgrim00
Gone Wild

yea my cousin had a jet ski like that it had like 4 different keys but with the unlimited key that thing would get it was a 4 seater supercharged sea doo
Old 07-09-2013, 08:49 AM   #25
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by patgrim00 View Post
How big of a deal is it to reprogram this thing to say just back down the top end speed so the wifey and kids can ride around I mean this thing isn't going to pull wheelies and do burnouts with it set up for running 36v. Is it?
Keep it simple. I drilled a hole in the throttle pedal and installed a carriage bolt to act as a throttle stop for when younger kids wanted to ride my faster carts. Adjust the length of the carriage bolt to obtain the max speed you want to allow. You can also drill a hole through the side of the bolt abd attach a small luggage combination lock to the kids can't remove it.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:19 AM   #26
patgrim00
Gone Wild

huh never thought about that that would be pretty easy to do and remove i could even make something faster to remove as i have access to a full machine shop
Old 07-09-2013, 09:32 AM   #27
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Ah come-on. It's gotta have sparks for a sparky cart.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:41 AM   #28
patgrim00
Gone Wild

do yall really think the 500 amp controller is really worth the extra money i mean the stock controller was pretty much fine it just overheated every once in a while so could the 400 amp work?
Old 07-09-2013, 09:50 AM   #29
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I don't think I've driven it with three passengers since I installed my ammeter. With just me, and a really steep hill, it rarely hits over 400, and even then, is just momentary. But again, with a heavy load up a steep hill, might make a difference.

Mine's built for speed, so if you have a torque monster, it would be different.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:54 AM   #30
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

No easy answer. It depends on what you are planning on doing with the cart.

With rear seat or trailer or 23" tires, 400A would probably suffice.
With a combination of any two of those, a 500A would be better and you said you were doing all three.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO