lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2014, 07:30 PM   #11
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2013 txt 48 volt

Blue wire is pack positive when charger NOT plugged in. No more reed switch. The charge recepticle has a circuit board molded in it. When they fail, the cart wont run (blue wire dead) , but fortunately they dont fail often.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-07-2014, 07:22 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Blue wire is pack positive when charger NOT plugged in. No more reed switch. The charge recepticle has a circuit board molded in it. When they fail, the cart wont run (blue wire dead) , but fortunately they dont fail often.
Thanks CG.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 06:51 PM   #13
sonnysmith
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for all the good information.
As stated, I know nothing about the working of this type of cart.
CG tech If you had a cart that was not running and the battery pack is good and the solenoid is not clicking and you only have a DVM where would start???
EZ go started making things harder on me when they put the controller in upside down.
I'm back from deer hunting, so time to make this monster run ( with all of your HELP.) I will be posting and asking all kind of dumb question, so be nice to me.

Sonny
sonnysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 06:55 PM   #14
sonnysmith
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

JohnnieB and ScottyB thanks for all the input the wiring diagrams and of course CG.

Sonny
Old 11-20-2014, 07:10 PM   #15
cgtech

Yamaha

I would start by checking the things that would make the controller think its not ok to activate the solenoid at all (this is what is happening in your case). Number one, charge disable circuit must have pack 48+ power when charger is not plugged in.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:55 PM   #16
sonnysmith
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

First dumb question. Where is that checked at ????? From the wiring diagram, it looks like only one wire attach. Is this right??

Sonny
Old 11-21-2014, 09:32 AM   #17
cgtech

Yamaha

On the back side of charge port, should be small wire with plug (red/orange? On TXT, i was calling it "blue wire" as it is blue on a RXV). Unplug it & check the side nearest the charge port.
Old 11-21-2014, 05:12 PM   #18
sonnysmith
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

CG tech there is power or the blue wire that ties into rewire (52.7)
ScottieB said find out what power( Pos or neg) I'm losing when solenoid wan't close. From neg. to solenoid coil on yellow wire has pack voltage. The blue wire also has pack voltage. How can I tell what side I'm losing.

Thanks
Old 11-21-2014, 05:48 PM   #19
sonnysmith
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

JohnnieB I checked the voltage. Power on pins 6 8 9 and 10.

anything else to check??? CG does the mean bad controller??? If so can it be upgraded ????
Lots of questions.

Thanks
Old 11-21-2014, 08:14 PM   #20
cgtech

Yamaha

Your "added negative power to solenoid, then it clicked" test tells me that the negative is missing. The negative to the solenoid only comes from the controller. I would not condemn the controller just yet. We dont sell too many new txts, so i am a little rusty. Go through the service manual, check (at the controller plug) all the inputs that are required for "boot up" of controller. You have all the info that a factory tech has (minus the handheld programmer, it would give you a "fast-track" to the problem area) to determine why it cant complete its "boot up" sequence. Spending a diag fee at the dealer would be far cheaper than a controller to "test" with. Not sure about aftermarket controllers for the new TXT, but if they are not around yet, they will be sooner than a upgrade RXV controller will be. If you get to the end-of-the-road for testing and decide a controller is the next step, call FSIP to see if they offer a rebuild/upgrade option. You are not yet at that point in my opinion.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO