lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-26-2014, 07:45 PM   #1
saltbranch
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default lift/tire Combo for a 2012 G29

Hi all,
I am looking for suggestions on lift/tire combos for a 2012 G29 Electric cart. My use will be ranch and hunting. I have creek crossings and terrain from mud to deep sand. Cart will be weekend warrior ride year round at our 250 acre property. It will be used for chores from hauling fence materials to hauling game into camp. I have the speed chip ordered from the dealer I bought it from. I really dont need speed, but do need ground clearance and low end torque from the lift/tire combo. I am in south Texas, so everything here has horns,thorns or fangs. I need a tough tire filled with slime or equal. I like the long travel from Jakes for the lift. Looking for advice? Do's, Dont's etc...I am totally new to carts, not fabbing and work.

Thank you
saltbranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-26-2014, 07:58 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: lift/tire Combo for a 2012 G29

You are pretty much SOL for additional torque on a electric drive, for now (new alltrax XCT is on the cover of "golf cart advisor" this month, so should be available real soon, will be a plug-n-play torque & speed upgrade for drive).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 08:19 PM   #3
saltbranch
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

cgtech, I have been using the search here. I know you know your way around the carts. Whats your suggestion for lift and tire? I am not a power hungry person.....I have had a Kawasaki Bayou 250 since 07'. Very happy with it on stock tires. The cart will be my side x side for the wife and I to play with.
I am use to lifting trucks and increasing tires size, there for losing power due to changing overall gear ratio with the taller tires, regain power power by regearing. Same concept for electric carts?
Old 11-27-2014, 12:35 PM   #4
cgtech

Yamaha

I like the Jakes "spindle lift", it is quality stuff at an affordable price. The jakes dual a-arm kit is much more expensive, but rides and flexes much better. If you are doing serious offroading consider spending the extra money. The 22" tires are a good size (thats what im running).
Old 11-27-2014, 05:53 PM   #5
saltbranch
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
I like the Jakes "spindle lift", it is quality stuff at an affordable price. The jakes dual a-arm kit is much more expensive, but rides and flexes much better. If you are doing serious offroading consider spending the extra money. The 22" tires are a good size (thats what im running).
Thank you, with the 22" tires does it still pull/perform good? Please understand I am not a power hungry person. I like easy and works over constant mods.
Another question for those in the know. Deep water crossings..do's and donts? I assume it's a NO for the cart? Yet I see pics in Jakes customers"pics" splashing through creeks etc?
Old 11-27-2014, 09:00 PM   #6
cgtech

Yamaha

"pulls good" is a subjective term. In my opinion, the stock controller is under powered even in stock configuration (street size tires). As far as water goes, dont submerge the whole rear axle, and if water is above the floor mat, you are in too deep (the throttle sensor is submerged).
Old 11-27-2014, 09:35 PM   #7
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I lifted my 2010 Drive 3" which was just enough to clear 23's (actually measure 22.5"). I went with the 3" Rhox spindle lift and not the Jakes because the Rhox has a better turning radius in the 3" lift kits. I don't know about the 6" spindle lift kits.

I did have to trim the rocker plastic at the forward rear wheel opening to clear the tires. I get no rubbing.

sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 08:46 PM   #8
saltbranch
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

sportcoupe, very nice looking ride. cgtech, thank you for sharing your experience. Seems, if I read between the lines....I bought the wrong cart for my use? Seems the aftermarket has not caught up with Yamaha drive/g29? Water crossings established..My main concern is hills/vertical climbs. I guess the speed chip will help with that. I can always take a run at it.
The cart sat in a container, not charged since last Saturday. Meaning I drove it some last Sunday AM. Put it up and left at around noon..no charge since.
I go up friday after turkey day and pull it out. My father comes over and we hop on the cart..read 500 lbs hopping on the cart. Drove approx. 1 mile to my Aunts, then returned. There is this sand hill that will make a truck put it 4x4 OR a 2wd hammer on it....I made it up, but abit sluggish I thought, then again 500lbs of azz on it. Then we went on our way, very quietly.
Is there a solar charger for 48 volt set up to help maintain ?
FYI, I LOVE this cart. Hard to explain the amount of wildlife I driven up on.
Old 11-29-2014, 10:44 PM   #9
cgtech

Yamaha

It's pretty important for your batteries life that you keep them charged whenever they are sitting, even just a day or two.
Old 11-30-2014, 12:45 PM   #10
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

If your going to run in any water above the rear axles, I'd recommend "plugging" the holes (about 2" inward of the axle bearings) in the axle tubes of the Team transaxle. Why there even there baffles me. JB weld should work fine.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha