lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-07-2015, 09:30 AM   #1
Flatland2D
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Lift+tires on 36 V stock controller?

The G14 I have I am cleaning up and upgrading in order to sell and put the money towards my EZGO. It's completely stock and is 36 V.

Probably 95% of the golf carts I see on Craigslist have big tires and a lift, so I was thinking I should do the same to mine since that seems to be what is expected. Also, the lift and tires add additional value beyond just the cost of the materials.

For lift and tire combo, I'm looking at a 4" lift with 20" tires. Will this be too taxing on the stock system at 36 V? I already ordered a replacement controller so an upgrade is ruled out. I just don't want to hinder the performance too much as I'm going to advertise this as a ranch or neighborhood vehicle. I'm thinking 20" may be okay as that's only 2" bigger than stock, but just wanted some advice from people who have done this before. Thanks!

As for the cart, we had some nice weather yesterday and I finally finished about a week's worth of work stripping the cart down to the bare frame, cleaning and doing rust removal. I used Rustoleum Rust Reformer on what was remaining and then primer over everything. Today, hopefully, I'll be spraying the top coat so I can start putting it back together. New electronics are due in soon. I really should start a thread to document my progress.
Flatland2D is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-07-2015, 12:33 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Lift+tires on 36 V stock controller?

I think it will work ok. But stock F&R is Achilles heel.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 12:03 PM   #3
JZMOLIK
Not Yet Wild

F&R ?
JZMOLIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 01:51 PM   #4
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZMOLIK View Post
F&R ?
Forward-Reverse switch
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 06:43 PM   #5
punksable
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

You will be just fine, I have a 4" lift with 20" tires on my 1996 g14 and have not had any issues and I've been running it that way for over a year now. All stock for controller.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20141227_133626_652.jpg (286.8 KB, 0 views)
punksable is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha