lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-26-2015, 11:05 AM   #1
c.j.
Not Yet Wild

Default looking to Buy a Gas Club Car

Any particular years I should look for or avoid?

What would your recommend I get if I want to do the below things to it.

- Lift
-Tires /wheels
-sound System
- HID lights
c.j. is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2015, 02:26 PM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: looking to Buy a Gas Club Car

If you're not planning on a a motor swap, any year gas Club Car would be fine. If you did plan on a motor swap at some point I'd stick to 1996-older carts because they're geared to a counter-clockwise-spinning motor. Most desirable motors for engine swaps in Club Cars run counter-clockwise.

If you get a cart older than 1992, motor parts are hard-to-find and can be expensive. Not that motor parts for the newer carts are cheap, but they are easier to come by. But if you find a cart that's in good shape and take care of it you may go 20 years or so with no motor issues.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 10:11 AM   #3
Rep
Gone Wild

Club Car

Curious whether you can expand upon this a bit.

If I read it correctly, the newer BB's folks talk about - and perhaps even the "typical" replacement motors offered by Harbor Freight run counter-clockwise, correct? And if one wishes to install one of those motors in a cart, they're better off with a pre-1997 CC, correct?

As you know, my spring project will be a retrofit, and although some of the posts within this forum cause me to wonder if I made the right choice by using a 1987 CC DS as the chassis (with the flathead motor), your post eases the concern. If that flathead quits and I need to shop for a replacement engine, it sounds like I'm better off with the 1987 rear end, correct?

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
If you're not planning on a a motor swap, any year gas Club Car would be fine. If you did plan on a motor swap at some point I'd stick to 1996-older carts because they're geared to a counter-clockwise-spinning motor. Most desirable motors for engine swaps in Club Cars run counter-clockwise.

If you get a cart older than 1992, motor parts are hard-to-find and can be expensive. Not that motor parts for the newer carts are cheap, but they are easier to come by. But if you find a cart that's in good shape and take care of it you may go 20 years or so with no motor issues.
Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 10:41 AM   #4
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Yes. You are better off with the counter-clockwise rear end in regards to most of the common engine swaps done around here.

Club Car used the same rear axle from 1986-1996 I believe.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car