lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2015, 12:02 PM   #11
clkelley78
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Balance Tires on Cart?

Yes, they are new tires. I have a buddy that owns a tire shop and he can't bal them either because the rims are too small. He also said he didn't think that would help and his Ranger rides the same. Maybe a little wear on the tread as stated by jjance will do the trick. I'll raise it off the ground and check the rim with a dial indicator to check the run out after I 1st check the U-bots.

What are thoughts about brakes if everything else checks out? Maybe if they wear some then they won't be so sensitive.... If you push hard it leaves rubber marks on the ground. After a few more evenings of cocktail curses will only tale.
clkelley78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2015, 01:13 PM   #12
rib33024

You can try these. But i think that the tires are out of round, alot of members have had this problem with cart tires

Ceramic Tire Balance Bead

http://www.checkeredflagtires.com/

http://www.checkeredflagtires.com/tire-charts/

Or this, Airsoft BBs to balance tires

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 02:40 PM   #13
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by clkelley78 View Post
Yes, they are new tires. I have a buddy that owns a tire shop and he can't bal them either because the rims are too small. He also said he didn't think that would help and his Ranger rides the same. Maybe a little wear on the tread as stated by jjance will do the trick. I'll raise it off the ground and check the rim with a dial indicator to check the run out after I 1st check the U-bots.

What are thoughts about brakes if everything else checks out? Maybe if they wear some then they won't be so sensitive.... If you push hard it leaves rubber marks on the ground. After a few more evenings of cocktail curses will only tale.
On checking U-bolts: back up and hit the brakes hard, lock the parking brake and leave the cart set right there (do this on your driveway or in the garage, wherever you want to work). This will put the rear end in the position it needs to be, now crawl under and check the U-bolts, tighten if necessary. Be sure to notice if they seem bent or stretched, many lifts use cheap U-bolts that stretch which causes looseness, which causes axle twist and the braking issues you are describing.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 04:10 PM   #14
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

These could be balanced the old bubble balancer way, you would need to find a shop that has one.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 04:59 PM   #15
yannicksjh
Getting Wild

Club Car

Sorry to jump on a thread but its kinda on the same topic, how about tire rotation? I'm assuming it should be done at least once a year?
yannicksjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 09:30 PM   #16
clkelley78
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Checked u-bolts and they seem to be tight. Looks like the brake linkage is not straight. Seems twisted about 1/2". If u tap the brakes they lock up like standing on the Pedal with two feet.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:33 PM   #17
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by clkelley78 View Post
Checked u-bolts and they seem to be tight. Looks like the brake linkage is not straight. Seems twisted about 1/2". If u tap the brakes they lock up like standing on the Pedal with two feet.
Do you mean where the brake cables split from the threaded rod?
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 09:39 PM   #18
clkelley78
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Jakesnake27, correct.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:42 PM   #19
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Have you tried backing off the adjustment nut to loosen them up?
Also, check how tight your cables are. Typically the hangers have to be removed when a lift is installed...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car