lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2015, 07:00 AM   #1
Bubba11
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default 95 club car DS no power

I have another problem, I have a 95 DS that I converted to 48 volt, no obc, standard Curtis controller, and v-glide. went over to visit my Father for Father's day and observed that his cart was plugged up to the charger. I asked him how the cart was doing and he told me that it was sluggish and the motor shuddered. I got on it and when I pushed the pedal the battery indicator went into the red and the motor shuddered. I plugged the charger back in and the needle would barely get to the #5 on the meter any help thanks.
Bubba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2015, 07:21 AM   #2
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 95 club car DS no power

sounds to me like checking each battery under a load is a good place to start...one or more may fail when a load is put to them.
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 08:31 AM   #3
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Smile Re: 95 club car DS no power

Check batteries, check cables...look for any signs of corrosion or stiffness in the cables that could indicate the corrosion has gotten inside the cables. The shuttering is a low voltage problem...how old are the batteries?
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 09:49 AM   #4
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

What charger is he using?

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 11:54 AM   #5
Bubba11
Getting Wild
Club Car

the batteries are clean using 2ga cable, the batteries are 2012 powertrons and the charger is a new lester charger
Bubba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 12:09 PM   #6
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

again I think you should get a test of each individual battery under a load...meaning while cart is trying to move. A hydrometer would be the best test...if the meter is dropping that quickly it means it is getting that reading directly from the batteries...even though they may look good you can possibly have 1 bad cell which can kill a carts performance...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car