lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2015, 11:25 AM   #1
hopper28755
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation Steering wheel suddendly jerks

I have a 06 club car precident with stock tires. And lately i noticed it mostly when going around a turn or hitting a bump in the road that the steering wheel suddendly jerks to the left and the wheel looks like it wobbles and starts making a grinding noise like it running over sand. When this happens the whole cart suddendly jerks to the left. It stops once i straighten out the wheel or stop. I just ajusted the steering alignment because the steering wheel was almost upside down out of no where. Maybe that has something to do with it? I checked the lug nuts and there all tight. I mainly noticed its just the front driver side tire that does this. How can i correct this?
hopper28755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2015, 11:53 AM   #2
glassk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Steering wheel suddendly jerks

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...tml#post858703
glassk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 03:13 PM   #3
91kuhndog
Getting Wild

Club Car

Hopper, I bought a similar cart last year to flip and had the same issue.... turned out to be the rack and pinion mount broken where it bolts to the frame. get up under the front end to see if the mounts are all good or if the rack is broken... I had to have mine welded.
91kuhndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 03:16 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

The spindle is bent. Very common. It's up to you to identify which one is bent though. Usually when they bend , they don't bend very much and it's hard to see it by eye. Turn the steering wheel to the 12 o clock position and look and see which tire is facing straight and which tire is turned out or in. The tire that is turned will have the bent spindle.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 04:24 PM   #5
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

The grinding sound is what got me, I'm thinking inner front wheel bearing, which is a common failure. The bearing would be causing the front wheel to lock up and pull the steering wheel. That's where I would look.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 05:29 PM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

The grinding sound can also come from a tire steering too far in one direction and rubbing on inner suspension due to a bent spindle. The tire tread plowing on the ground due to improper alignment can make a similar noise as well.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car