lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2016, 04:28 PM   #11
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Top speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmar143 View Post
Not exactly, you can sell the controller on ebay and get more with the open speed codes then an unlocked one.
SC4 is not a totally unlocked controller it still limites speed to 19.6 MPH...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-18-2016, 10:43 PM   #12
crzyyamahacarts
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
IMO change both if it is still stock
Thx swan I've been told possibly be done with the roadrunner motor, and get the speed code turned up to max, it's a club car precedent.
crzyyamahacarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 10:49 PM   #13
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

I dont know anything about the roadrunner motor ...
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 05:28 AM   #14
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

As you've indicated your looking for as much speed as cheaply as possible know that your not going to get 28 MPH from the Roadrunner Motor (24 MPH) nor is it a cheap motor either. It will cost you 5XX.00 dollars, plus shipping and you may need to send in a core or otherwise pay another 200.00

Whereas the BANDIT motor rebuild from Plum Quick can get you as much as 25 MPH for 225.00 plus shipping...
http://www.plumquick.com/motors-and-...es/the-bandit/
Old 03-19-2016, 01:13 PM   #15
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzyyamahacarts View Post
What's the best way to get around 28 mph with club car precedent, has 12 inch wheels with low profile tire, 48 volt cart with 4 12 volts, don't won't to lift cart, just looking for the smoothest ride and top speed for this cart should change motor, and controller or one or the other?
Just do the following if you want speeds up to 30 MPH.

Plumquick PH Bandit Motor
4 gauge wires
HD solenoid

You're done!

Mine does 30+ MPH but I do have 22" x 10" x 10" tires/rims. Click on the link in my signature to view my cart.

BTW, 4 12 volt batteries in my cart since day one.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 10:03 PM   #16
Bigchief803
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
Just do the following if you want speeds up to 30 MPH.

Plumquick PH Bandit Motor
4 gauge wires
HD solenoid

You're done!

Mine does 30+ MPH but I do have 22" x 10" x 10" tires/rims. Click on the link in my signature to view my cart.

BTW, 4 12 volt batteries in my cart since day one.
I don't see how if you didn't change controller
Bigchief803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 11:34 PM   #17
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigchief803 View Post
I don't see how if you didn't change controller

A controller delivers amps... a 500 amp gives you one hell of a takeoff... not necessarily top speed. Maybe with a different controller it will squeeze out a bit more top speed as opposed to stock controller. I got those speeds with both my stock 250 Amp Curtis controller and also my 350 amp Curtis controller. With the original Purple motor I got a top speed of 27 mph, (on a good day,) back several years ago and now with a PH motor in a PQ cart I get 30+ everyday. BTW, back then it was just the Purple Bandit motor with stock 6 gauge wires. I did change them to 4 gauge a couple years after I believe.

The key here is the PH motor on a PQ cart. Mine went from the 26-27mph to a constant 30+ MPH.

I'll attach a Garmin MPH shot for you as well as a 2009 Thread I started that showed I was getting 26+ MPH, actually did 27.2 as my highest with the standard Purple Motor... again, no controller change.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...et-26-mph.html

I sold my original Curtis controller in November 2014 for $165 after I purchased my 350 AMP Curtis controller.

Please let me know if you need any more information
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20141209_200022.jpg (229.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-15-2016, 06:20 PM   #18
langstonjones
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
A controller delivers amps... a 500 amp gives you one hell of a takeoff... not necessarily top speed. Maybe with a different controller it will squeeze out a bit more top speed as opposed to stock controller. I got those speeds with both my stock 250 Amp Curtis controller and also my 350 amp Curtis controller. With the original Purple motor I got a top speed of 27 mph, (on a good day,) back several years ago and now with a PH motor in a PQ cart I get 30+ everyday. BTW, back then it was just the Purple Bandit motor with stock 6 gauge wires. I did change them to 4 gauge a couple years after I believe.

The key here is the PH motor on a PQ cart. Mine went from the 26-27mph to a constant 30+ MPH.

I'll attach a Garmin MPH shot for you as well as a 2009 Thread I started that showed I was getting 26+ MPH, actually did 27.2 as my highest with the standard Purple Motor... again, no controller change.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...et-26-mph.html

I sold my original Curtis controller in November 2014 for $165 after I purchased my 350 AMP Curtis controller.

Please let me know if you need any more information
I about to bite the bullet and buy a PQ motor but you're confusing me. What is the PH bandit motor vs. the regular bandit motor? My setup is similar to yours, but a DS. Thanks in advance.
langstonjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 07:31 PM   #19
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by langstonjones View Post
I about to bite the bullet and buy a PQ motor but you're confusing me. What is the PH bandit motor vs. the regular bandit motor? My setup is similar to yours, but a DS. Thanks in advance.
Only that Plum Quick needs to know that your installing the motor on a cart with PH in the serial number; PH carts are Excel carts and they measure their speed differently than the IQ carts.... In the end the stock motors are the same but PQ has some magic they do to the PH motors to help fool the controllers into allowing max speed...
Old 05-15-2016, 10:54 PM   #20
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by langstonjones View Post
My cart is a 2006 Precedent, PQ= Precedent IQ but I installed a PH motor the last time around which gave me the extra speed to go over 30 MPB.

Talk with PlumQuick and let them know the year and type of your cart and they'll let you know what will or won't work with it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car