lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2017, 12:28 PM   #1
GOLFERDAN
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Marathon Rear Body

I have access to an old Marathon Project Cart. Can get it for just about no dollars. I plan on doing a frame up restoration on it but I read somewhere that the rear body is spot welded on the Marathon. Is this the case? And is there such an animal as an aftermarket body for them? It will be used as an "Around the House" type cart. But I still want it to look good.
GOLFERDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2017, 12:35 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Marathon Rear Body

Pretty sure with a little fabbing a new style txt body will fit.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 01:32 PM   #3
Skoal82
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The rear fenders are not welded on.
They bolt on and off
I do not know of any aftermarket body's for them.
Their is a member or 2 on here that has put a medalist or txt body on the front.
Skoal82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 02:29 PM   #4
Granger ezgo
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I picked up my first cart last year it's an 89 marathon gasser, wasn't much when I got it and although it does have a dated look, it has slowly progressed into something that I really like the looks of. Like everything it's all about personal taste and budget, I can tell you after completely going through this thing I wouldn't be afraid of jumping on it and driving it anywhere. It's super dependable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1645.jpg (271.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1829.jpg (165.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2281.jpg (194.0 KB, 0 views)
Granger ezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 08:38 AM   #5
GOLFERDAN
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Wow, Granger, really liking the looks of yours so far. I picked up the Marathon yesterday. It's a mess right now but I plan on starting to tear it down this week. How much of a problem was it to remove the rear body and did you happen to run across any instructions for removal. (I've seen them for the txt.)
GOLFERDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:29 PM   #6
textony
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFERDAN View Post
Wow, Granger, really liking the looks of yours so far. I picked up the Marathon yesterday. It's a mess right now but I plan on starting to tear it down this week. How much of a problem was it to remove the rear body and did you happen to run across any instructions for removal. (I've seen them for the txt.)
Did you ever get it removed? How did you do it? I managed to get the front off fairly easily, but the rear is kicking my butt. Most of the bolts are rusted and the screw heads are stripped.
textony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 04:34 AM   #7
textony
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granger ezgo View Post
I picked up my first cart last year it's an 89 marathon gasser, wasn't much when I got it and although it does have a dated look, it has slowly progressed into something that I really like the looks of. Like everything it's all about personal taste and budget, I can tell you after completely going through this thing I wouldn't be afraid of jumping on it and driving it anywhere. It's super dependable.
What lift did you use for this?
textony is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO