lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2009, 06:52 PM   #11
Ned Digh
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Vintage Eagle 36 Volt Golf Cart

Thanks for your response, good advice, it is so easy to overlook the obvious. A brief look shows that the wires to the charging receptacle are broken off. It appears that charging wires to the batteries are correct but getting no juice from the plug in. I will get it in the shop tonight, when cooler, and work on the charging receptacle.

Any suggestions on brake shoes for the rear wheels? I has a really hard pedal.

Ned in MO
Ned Digh is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2009, 08:12 PM   #12
mpleeds
Not Yet Wild

You may want to remove the rear wheels and check the drums and shoes. Also check the wheel cylinders as they may be causing the problem. Additionally, make you changed out the master with the correct size.
mpleeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 02:34 PM   #13
Ned Digh
Not Yet Wild

Got the charge receptacle reattached and batteries took charging OK. Re-bled brakes and found both rear wheel cylinders are leaking. While I have it in the shop, I am repairing the fiberglass around the rear bucket container and making a seat for the little guy grandsons. The cart is up on jack stands so I will pull rear wheels and repair or replace the wheel cylinders. The master cylinder was an exact replacement. Thanks for the assistance, it is all slowly coming together. Ned in MO
Old 06-27-2009, 04:51 PM   #14
scotttam1010
Not Yet Wild

I have a vintage eagle 36 volt golf cart and a lot of questions my first problem is not knowing the names of the parts i know i need or were to get them
scotttam1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:04 AM   #15
Ned Digh
Not Yet Wild

Several members have given me suggestions as to trouble shooting certain areas or problems. Since you have not identified any specific problems or areas of concern, here is my progress and thanks to others who have shared advice/suggestions. First: repaired battery holding racks and installed new batteries. Second: wired same as old batteries but also confirmed by wiring diagram sent (still on thread). Third: re-connected wires to charging receptacle (batteries now take charge OK) Fourth: replaced master cylinder, found exact replacement on ebay (used ID from original), replacement is used as a clutch cylinder on many vehicles. Fifth: currently repairing fiberglass around rear bucket, discarding cooler and covering hole with padded seat for little guy grandsons, will put bucket back in hole after sides (rim) of fiberglass is reinforced with small angle iron. Sixth & next: pull rear wheels and repair or replace brake cylinders, both are leaking brake fluid.

Mine ran as soon as I put in new batteries but had no brakes, except parking brake. This cart and maybe all Eagle carts have an abundance of wiring for accessories, ie: fan, lights, turn signals. None of those work on mine and I have not yet spent any time tracing them. For our use here on the farm, lights would be a plus and I will get to that later.

Hope this give you encouragement to start. It would be nice to have a manual for Eagle carts but I have no knowledge of one being available.

Ned in MO
Old 07-05-2009, 09:04 PM   #16
Ned Digh
Not Yet Wild

Progress report on my Eagle cart. I have reinforced flberglass around the opening where the cooler was (that area will be coverted to a seat for grandkids) and the bucket opening, 1" angle iron eliminated sag. I am now to the rear wheel brakes, removed brake drums and found one brake lining on each rear wheel to be loose from the brake shoe. Both wheel cylinders are leaking and need repair or replacement (1" bore). I am searching ebay and parts suppliers for cylinder & shoe replacements. If none found at reasonable price, I will find repair kits and take shoes to rebuild shop. Ned In MO.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:42 AM   #17
Ned Digh
Not Yet Wild

Progress on my Eagle cart is at a standstill, waiting for parts. With a couple of welds the reinforcement of the rear deck fiberglass will be complete. I have ordered brake shoes from Direct Parts. The rear wheel brake cylinders are Mercury type and replacement at available at about 70 bucks each. Direct parts say a repair kit is not available so I ordered 2 repair kits, made for a Cushman, since they are have a 1" bore, and take a chance on using parts to repair my cylinders. These repair kits are about 7 bucks each.

How about an update from the other Eagle owners on this thread.

Ned in MO
Old 07-09-2009, 06:28 AM   #18
rib33024

sounds nice some pics would be nice
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:52 AM   #19
lobo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I suppose I should join in on this thread since I bought Eagle vehicle 6 seater 36 volt cart.It was made by Pargo At Dallas,Tx. S/N 956 16250185 if anyone knows what year it is? I would apreciate any help!It has a Lester 10010 onboard charger thats not working so I'm trying to charge the year old batteries 2 at a time.I'll try to post some pics today
lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:56 PM   #20
lobo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well I got the old girl going today.It runs good.As it turns out the onboard charger isn"t any good so I charged it up 2 batterys at a time with a 12 volt charger and went crusing the neighborhood
lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts