lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-15-2018, 02:41 PM   #1
onabeachsomewheresoon
Not Yet Wild

Default 1996 EZ GO TXT full Scotty B electrical upgrade, reverse not always working

1996 EZ GO TXT with full Scotty B electrical upgrade, reverse not always working after using the golf cart hard. I got it stuck going through the woods and had to use the back and forth forward reverse hard to rock it enough to get it unstuck. Now reverse only works about 10% of the time. Forward works every time.

Cart setup:

Con-SPM400 Alltrax
FR-020 EZ go HD forward and reverse
Con-035 48v resistor 400 amp
Sol-1022 HD Solenoid
Con-004 3 amp diode
2G battery/power cable set
Plum Quick 36v Motor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
onabeachsomewheresoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-15-2018, 02:48 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1996 EZ GO TXT full Scotty B electrical upgrade, reverse not always working

Try this; swap the 2 big cables on the top terminals of the reversing contactor. Reverse will be forward on your switch - leave it alone. Do nothing else. If the problem changes direction and forward does not occasionally work now the SW202 is damaged and it should be replaced.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:59 PM   #3
onabeachsomewheresoon
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1996 EZ GO TXT full Scotty B electrical upgrade, reverse not always working

[QUOTE=scottyb;1467764]Try this; swap the 2 big cables on the top terminals of the reversing contactor. Reverse will be forward on your switch - leave it alone. Do nothing else. If the problem changes direction and forward does not occasionally work now the SW202 is damaged and it should be replaced

I have to wait 7 days to post a picture.

I only have one cable on the top in this configuration.

Old 01-15-2018, 06:28 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Maybe you used the low end of side step down bar for S1 and S2 cables.... #5 and #8 on your install diagram? Anyway those are the 2 to swap.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:43 PM   #5
onabeachsomewheresoon
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Maybe you used the low end of side step down bar for S1 and S2 cables.... #5 and #8 on your install diagram? Anyway those are the 2 to swap.

Ok, that matches what I have. I swapped the cables just now and Forward is still working and reverse is still not working. So looking like the SW202 is still good.

Old 01-16-2018, 08:59 AM   #6
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by onabeachsomewheresoon View Post
Ok, that matches what I have. I swapped the cables just now and Forward is still working and reverse is still not working. So looking like the SW202 is still good.

Double check to make sure one of the coil wires haven't came loose on the contractor or broken. Also check the rocker switch. Those heavy duty solenoids don't usually fail very easily.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 09:58 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Hmm, you have swapped the the motor S1 and S2 cables at the motor and the direction of the problem remains the same? It may be a motor problem.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:37 AM   #8
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Hmm, you have swapped the the motor S1 and S2 cables at the motor and the direction of the problem remains the same? It may be a motor problem.
I'm sorry, I misread his post. I thought the problem reversed.

mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:18 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgray70 View Post
I'm sorry, I misread his post. I thought the problem reversed.

Problem direction remained the same so only the motor is left to suspect
Old 01-16-2018, 11:27 AM   #10
onabeachsomewheresoon
Not Yet Wild

Quote:

Yes. I swapped the cables at the sw202 and the issue did not change direction. I have the cart up on Jack stands so the wheels can spin free. Can I check voltage outputs on the sw202 to see if the motor is getting the correct voltage to try and determine if it is a motor issue? What voltage should I be getting if so? What about checking the diodes on the sw202? If it works sometimes could it be a fixable issue with the motor? I don't see any loose or burnt wires on any of the parts.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO