lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2018, 05:15 PM   #1
Starfox
Not Yet Wild

Default How many hours on an engine is too much?

New guy here....

I'm looking to purchase a 2004 CC w a gas engine that has 2400 hours on it. I realize that it's condition depends upon how well it was taken care of. So I'm wondering if there is a number of hours at which I should think twice about making the purchase.

What are your thoughts on engine hours? How long will an engine last if taken care of properly?

Thanks.

Fox
Starfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-12-2018, 06:02 PM   #2
cartpartsplusman
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: How many hours on an engine is too much?

kawasaki would say its time for a rebuild at 1500 to 2000 hours but many hour meters get hooked up so they run with the key on not just when driving,if it is right and it still runs good i would say it has been refreshed.the 290 is the best engine cc ever used.much better than the 350 or the 400. the care and feeding is always the unknowen
cartpartsplusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 06:54 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

If it runs good and does not smoke the hours would not concern me.

Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 07:13 PM   #4
Starfox
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the feedback! I will have to ask if it has been rebuilt. Don't know the engine displacement as I hadn't been out to see it yet. If the work hadn't been done I expect I can offer less money.

He is asking $2900 - I expect because it is a Carryall (I'm making the assumption that it would be the same engine as in a golf cart) Seats have been redone, shell in the front has been repainted as well as the overhead. He states that it has been 'completely' redone so maybe he has spruced up the engine....

Thanks again for the feedback.

Fox
Starfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car