lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2018, 09:29 PM   #11
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO Freedom TXT 72V, top speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthopod View Post
we also just bought a 2019 6 seater 72V EZ go TXT. Would love to have it programmed to increase its top speed to 25 MPH, seems like it can only go about 18-19mph now.
Ive been lurking for years, just registered....I'll PM you BOB once I get enough posts. Im located in North Georgia
You have enough posts now. Maybe Yurtle wants to join us and check it out.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2018, 06:25 AM   #12
jahiggin
Not Yet Wild

Lady Lake Florida ......
jahiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 06:55 AM   #13
jahiggin
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
There is no handset that can access the menus on that controller. It requires being connected to a higher level programmer on a PC or laptop platform in order to access the menus that can set the speed up. Where are you located?
Lady Lake Florida (AKA The Villages)
jahiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 12:59 PM   #14
deep13
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
There is no handset that can access the menus on that controller. It requires being connected to a higher level programmer on a PC or laptop platform in order to access the menus that can set the speed up. Where are you located?
You mentioned earlier that an OEM-level handset could be used to adjust a 2017 Freedom TXT 72V. Out of curiosity, what's the difference between that and the one jahiggen is asking about? Did they change something in the more recent models?
deep13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 03:00 PM   #15
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
You have enough posts now. Maybe Yurtle wants to join us and check it out.
Let me know when and where. I'd love to see your "programmer". Does it run LINUX?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 05:51 PM   #16
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep13 View Post
You mentioned earlier that an OEM-level handset could be used to adjust a 2017 Freedom TXT 72V. Out of curiosity, what's the difference between that and the one jahiggen is asking about? Did they change something in the more recent models?
What I said was that some parameters can be accessed on a TXT, but not the ones that control speeds above the limits set by E-Z-GO. You can turn speeds up or down within a profiles limits, change profiles, adjust accel and regen rates to a limited degree. But anything of consequence must be done with a high level programming station. The 72V are a different breed of E-Z-GO, with an EV controller, not a golf cart controller. The parameters are not so clearly defined and easy to understand. You would be more likely to mess it up than make any changes that would be beneficial. Max limits are still outside of the reach of an OEM handset. But there are literally dozens of settings that you could fiddle with that could render it inert.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:00 PM   #17
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Let me know when and where. I'd love to see your "programmer". Does it run LINUX?
It runs Windows, but I carry a bootable Linux USB dongle in my wallet that will allow me to boot just about any PC into a standalone Linux OS.
Old 11-21-2018, 04:46 PM   #18
MattDFL
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey everyone, new to the forum. Just ran across this thread on a google search for the possibility of getting my 2018 L6 a higher top-end and a little more acceleration.
BobBoyce you seem to be the go-to guy. I live in Pensacola and I’m not sure where you are but it looks like you may be fairly close. Any chance I could meet with you?

Last edited by MattDFL; 11-21-2018 at 04:48 PM.. Reason: Grammar/spelling
MattDFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 06:26 PM   #19
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattDFL View Post
Hey everyone, new to the forum. Just ran across this thread on a google search for the possibility of getting my 2018 L6 a higher top-end and a little more acceleration.
BobBoyce you seem to be the go-to guy. I live in Pensacola and I’m not sure where you are but it looks like you may be fairly close. Any chance I could meet with you?
I'm located in the southeast corner of TN, in the TN/NC/GA tri-state region. I make trips here and there when I can organize multiple stops along a route to program multiple carts. I just finished a Florida and back trip a few weeks ago.
Old 11-22-2018, 07:54 AM   #20
MattDFL
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the reply Bob, story of my life being a day late and a dollar short! Well if you can keep me in mind for a future run. I don’t mind driving if you are going to be even a few hours from the FL panhandle. Happy Thanksgiving to you!
MattDFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO