lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-15-2019, 08:12 PM   #11
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo rxv shutters start and stop

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasbelch View Post
Bob, thanks but we have factory turf tires. OEM tires.
Interesting... You'll have to consult with cgtech then. He is more experienced with Danaher RXV issues than I am. I'm more a Curtis guy.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-15-2019, 08:42 PM   #12
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

The last time I got in a car that did anything like that, it was a Curtis version and was throwing a 'Throttle wiper' code (it was NOT the throttle encoder at all, it was a bad wiring harness)

On a Danahar version it could be the throttle encoder (under floor mat, pedal group, little sensor on the accelerator (not the micro switch) but what happens is around here folks tend to poke at wires doing more harm than good. So could be harness too. The little encoders don't fail normally.

The one I had in would just stutter back and forth on its own even in TOW as long as the key was on in any position. It acted haunted. If you tried driving it, it would run normally for days then all of a sudden would slam to a standstill and shudder back to life then do the shuddering crap. It had me so confused and I just ran out of ideas. We had replaced every part on the thing and the last thing was harness which ended up being it. That one was a Danahar one and it would even go as far as wiping the controller programming (CPU hours would zero out every time, all entries showed Read error and sometimes the handheld would say 'COMM ERROR! or FAILED TO CONNECT!'. When it would stop stuttering and run normally, the hours would start counting again, and entries showed valid info, but since each time it failed it wiped everything, so went the error logs. I wish I had pictures of the handheld screen so I had proof that it would go from an hour or .3 hours to zero, or show the failed to read entries, since I heard from here that it was not possible.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 02:15 PM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I'm thinking motor encoder bearing, motor encoder bearing plug, or corrosion in the wire harness just forward of the encoder plug.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 09:02 AM   #14
SOUTHVIEW
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Wiggle the run plug under the dash while hitting the gas pedal. Had the same thing happen to my 08. It was a bad plug with loose connections.
SOUTHVIEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 05:31 PM   #15
Mikelilly84
Not Yet Wild

Nickdalzell1 I have a danaher doing the exact same thing. What harness did you replace?
Mikelilly84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 05:56 PM   #16
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelilly84 View Post
Nickdalzell1 I have a danaher doing the exact same thing. What harness did you replace?
It would be the main wiring harness.

I don't think I would buy a Danaher wiring harness. If you got some money to spend I would go with a new Curtis main wiring harness. Do the conversion over to a Curtis controller. You can do so much more with a Curtis controller.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 06:03 PM   #17
Mikelilly84
Not Yet Wild

Thanks so much for the reply. I have installed a navitas tac 2.0. I am messing with the cart now. Ever time I turn cart off and unplug and plug back in the foot pedal switch the car goes full speed on the Jack for about 10 sec then goes back to shuttering. But it’s doing the exact same thing as the one previously talked about. It shutters fwd and rev in run or tow.
Mikelilly84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 04:00 AM   #18
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Are we saying that "just buy stuff" didnt fix the underlying problem not addressed?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 07:15 AM   #19
Finnster
Not Yet Wild

Following this as my 2011 RXV is doing similar behavior. I have the Danaher controller as well.
Finnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 07:39 AM   #20
biphase
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
I'm thinking motor encoder bearing, motor encoder bearing plug, or corrosion in the wire harness just forward of the encoder plug.
I agree with cgtech, the problem is caused by a failed bearing encoder inside the motor. You need the Bearing Encoder Service Kit P/N 612595. Cost about $160. This kit is for RXV's with the Danaher controller and where the motor encoder (speed sensor) is located internally as a bearing inside the motor. The speed sensors on AC motors are more complicated than the usual magnets found on DC motors. They are called "encoders" and they sense both speed and direction of the motor.
biphase is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lurches, rxv, shakes, shutter
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO