lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2019, 10:06 AM   #1
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

Default MCOR/Alltrax Issues HELP!!!

Alright guys, I’m at a rare loss here. Converting my buddy’s DS to lithium 58.8v Leaf setup (this is my third conversion).

In the process we upgraded to an MCOR 4 and Alltrax Axe 4855. I plugged the Alltrax in to program it to “Club Car 5K-0 ohms”. Programming looked successful and the Alltrax responded with the correct green LED flash. The problem seems to be signal coming out of the MCOR- it’s not close to 5k-0. With pedal up,

These are in sequence, climbing slowly from 48 ohms. Then, with pedal down:

I put a new battery in the voltmeter and got the same results. I pulled the original MCOR and put it on the bench and got the same results. Alltrax controller software only reads it as either 0% throttle or 100% throttle, depending on where I have the wires on throttle 1 and throttle 2 reversed. What gives?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Furyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2019, 10:13 AM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: MCOR/Alltrax Issues HELP!!!

Which setting go you have your meter on? It looks like 200 ohm setting in the pics, it needs to be on 20k. 5k = 5,000 ohms. That's far far above the range you have selected on the meter.

Aren't there three pins on the throttle plug on the Mcor?
Which two are you using?

I dig the polished frame!
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 11:47 AM   #3
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

After you get the throttle wiring fixed, the old DCX and I think the AXE as well, used the MCOR differently than Curtis (3-wire voltage divider Vs 2-wire rheostat).

Here is a diagram I did for a member a while ago on how to modify the signal to improve the throttle response:

20kΩ resistor: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...hHXuxQojhJQ%3D

This graph shows how it corrects the MCOR signal to better align it with a 5k-0Ω throttle signal the Alltrax is expecting:
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 11:49 AM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

I was looking with another idea to test but Sergio has you....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 12:22 PM   #5
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Which setting go you have your meter on? It looks like 200 ohm setting in the pics, it needs to be on 20k. 5k = 5,000 ohms. That's far far above the range you have selected on the meter.

Aren't there three pins on the throttle plug on the Mcor?
Which two are you using?

I dig the polished frame!

Thanks! Very helpful. Maybe we start here. I have one to the power pin on the controller from the ignition switch, and I am using yellow and black from the MCOR to pins 2 and 3 on the controller. The fourth pin is for half speed reverse, which is configurable in the software and not needed, correct? If not, what is the correct wiring to the pins on the Alltrax from the MCOR?

Old 04-17-2019, 12:37 PM   #6
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

I have five wires coming from the MCOR. Blue and green, which are obviously to the pedal switch and go to the main contactor. The other three white, yellow, and purple are different colors than shown in every diagram ever.
Tried a number of combinations but can’t seem to make it work, on top of the strange impedence readings from the MCOR. If I set my multi to 20k, it doesn’t even read. I have to set it to 200 to show anything.

Old 04-17-2019, 12:41 PM   #7
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You need the White wire (top of MCOR) and Yellow wire (wiper) to get a 5k-0 signal (3-pin connector).

The purple wire (bottom of MCOR) is not used.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 12:48 PM   #8
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

Just for giggles I put the pot box from my old Melex on it. I get a solid yellow on the Alltrax and solid red when I move the throttle on it.

Old 04-18-2019, 09:31 PM   #9
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

Update- I tested the high amperage cables going to the controller and was getting only 20.4 volts. I checked everything and realized that the line to the controller was on the receiving. End of the forward/reverse contactors after the diode, but 54.6v at the pack. Looked at the diagram and realized it. Put a jumper between the battery and the controller. Hooked up the f/r switch with alligator clips, and it runs!!! Interestingly, the controller is still showing red led (programming mode). Also, I go to the monitor in the software and it is showing the throttle only going to 61% throttle, which I suspect is a linkage issue to the MCOR. Don’t know why I can’t get the controller to light green, but if it works who cares.

Old 05-01-2019, 01:38 PM   #10
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

Found out a weird issue. Could not get the MCOR to read more than 61% in place, so thought it had the linkage incorrectly installed. However, when I take it out and operate it manually, it won’t go past 79%. Hooked up a 0-5k potentiometer from my old cart and reprogrammed the Alltrax, worked perfectly. Could the MCOR be bad even though it is a brand new Club Car part?

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car