lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2019, 07:18 AM   #1
PMD3454
Not Yet Wild

Default 2007 Carryall 2 electrical issue

Newbie here. Put all new batteries in this weekend. made all new cables, hooked everything up and cart ran fine. But, when connecting last battery lead I noticed a tiny spark. Traced it back to what I believe is the solenoid. There's an 16-18 ga pink wire on the same terminal as the 6ga from the battery. That's the wire that has some type of small load on it. Based on the schematic it appears to feed the coil of the solenoid, but I can't figure anything out from there with the electrical schematic that's in the illustrated parts book. I'm not an electrical person, so I'm stalled on this. Any help would be appreciated, advice, service manual, better wiring diagram. Thank you!
PMD3454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2019, 08:08 AM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2007 Carryall 2 electrical issue

Do you have a voltage reducer? That is a common thing when hooking one up, because the capacitors inside have to charge.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 10:40 AM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Just as Luke stated, and also your controller will cause some too as it has to charge its capacitors. And that pink wire should run back to the RUN/TOW switch and tap-off to your OBC
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 09:48 PM   #4
_ogre
Golf Cart? oops 😉

Club Car

if the spark bothers you...
i believe sergio suggested using an 120v incandescent light bulb to make the initial battery connection
touch the center of the bulb to the battery post and touch the cable to the screw shell
once the capacitors are charged, remove the bulb and connect the cable
_ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 07:48 PM   #5
PMD3454
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for the info. Spark doesn't bother me, just thought that it pointed to something being wrong. Hearing that there are capacitors that have to charge definitely explains it. How do I tell if I have a voltage reducer?
PMD3454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car