lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-20-2020, 07:47 AM   #21
Mmulisha84
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Going Crazy.... 95 DS Controller junk or Pot Box

Anyone else think controller before I drop 500 on a new one?
Mmulisha84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2020, 08:26 AM   #22
Dragracer_Art
Gone Wild

Club Car

What is your battery charger situation ?

Are you using a smart charger ? or onboard computer with CC charger ?

Ive had nothing but headaches with the Club Car OBC and have bypassed every one Ive owned and went with a smart charger instead.

If you have the factory OBC on your cart, it could be bad and not turning the controller on... or in your (series) case, the solenoid.

I cant help you with OBC bypass wiring... but there is a sticky thread in this section that covers it.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=114227
The last two sentences in the first post should apply to your situation if you have a series cart.

You may be able to try bypassing it first to troubleshoot... and if that doesn't do it... upgrade to an Alltrax unit.

By everything Ive read here however... it does sound like a bad controller... but it's always good to cover all the bases before plunking down that kind of cash.
Dragracer_Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 10:13 AM   #23
Mmulisha84
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragracer_Art View Post
What is your battery charger situation ?

Are you using a smart charger ? or onboard computer with CC charger ?

Ive had nothing but headaches with the Club Car OBC and have bypassed every one Ive owned and went with a smart charger instead.

If you have the factory OBC on your cart, it could be bad and not turning the controller on... or in your (series) case, the solenoid.

I cant help you with OBC bypass wiring... but there is a sticky thread in this section that covers it.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=114227
The last two sentences in the first post should apply to your situation if you have a series cart.

You may be able to try bypassing it first to troubleshoot... and if that doesn't do it... upgrade to an Alltrax unit.

By everything Ive read here however... it does sound like a bad controller... but it's always good to cover all the bases before plunking down that kind of cash.
I charge with a smart charger, and I did bypass the obc while testing because I read that it might have been in lockout, I have all the wires for the OBC removed from the harness so that can’t be the problem anymore.
Old 04-20-2020, 10:16 AM   #24
Dragracer_Art
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmulisha84 View Post
I charge with a smart charger, and I did bypass the obc while testing because I read that it might have been in lockout, I have all the wires for the OBC removed from the harness so that can’t be the problem anymore.

Sounds like it's time for an Alltrax controller.

You wont regret it. Especially with 22" tires.
A new controller will make it feel like a whole 'nuther cart.
Old 04-20-2020, 05:57 PM   #25
Mmulisha84
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Sounds like it's time for an Alltrax controller.

You wont regret it. Especially with 22" tires.
A new controller will make it feel like a whole 'nuther cart.
What Alltrax do you recommend? I have a local dealer trying to sell me a Navitas 440 amp for just under 500
Old 04-20-2020, 07:00 PM   #26
Dragracer_Art
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmulisha84 View Post
What Alltrax do you recommend? I have a local dealer trying to sell me a Navitas 440 amp for just under 500
I cant comment on the Navitas but I will say, buy as many amps as you can afford if you ever expect to upgrade the motor.
I have more controller than I can use with my stock motor... but it will be perfect if/when I put a bigger motor in it.
If you never expect to upgrade the motor then that Navitas should be fine.

Do yourself a favor first though and shop our site sponsors. They can be pretty competitive with pricing and they are always a text or mouseclick away if you need tech support.

https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/c...-controllers-1

Edit to add...

Make sure you are comparing apples to apples.
I dont think your local dealer is quoting you on a series controller. I think those 440a controllers are sepex only. Your 95 DS should be a series cart.
Old 04-20-2020, 07:04 PM   #27
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 08:24 PM   #28
Mmulisha84
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
I cant comment on the Navitas but I will say, buy as many amps as you can afford if you ever expect to upgrade the motor.
I have more controller than I can use with my stock motor... but it will be perfect if/when I put a bigger motor in it.
If you never expect to upgrade the motor then that Navitas should be fine.

Do yourself a favor first though and shop our site sponsors. They can be pretty competitive with pricing and they are always a text or mouseclick away if you need tech support.

https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/c...-controllers-1

Edit to add...

Make sure you are comparing apples to apples.
I dont think your local dealer is quoting you on a series controller. I think those 440a controllers are sepex only. Your 95 DS should be a series cart.
I will check out the link. Thanks for all the help guys. The local shop did quote the 440 for my cart it came with a plug n play harness for 95-99 DS.
Old 04-20-2020, 09:08 PM   #29
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Make sure your dealer knows what you have. CC made series and sepex during those years. Contact Dave at "Revolution Golf Cars" to get you the right setup the first time, and get you going.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car