lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2020, 03:11 PM   #1
Canno10
Not Yet Wild

Default Buying Advice on a 2003 Club Car

Hey Everyone,

I am new to buying/owning a golf cart and looking for some advice. I have the opportunity to buy what appears to be a 2003 club car ds from a friend of a friend who is looking to get rid of it. They said it still runs well and nothing is wrong with it. I have attached a pic. It’s been garaged and looks to be in good shape. They offered me a price of $800. My thought is to jump on it given the price and look to update it over a couple months time. I’m just looking for neighborhood use, go to local restaurants just outside the neighborhood, joyrides, etc... But do want it to eventually go 20-25 mph with update as I’m sure it doesn’t now.

Thoughts on this purchase and at this price if it runs well?

Also, if a good buy, anywhere there is a guide I can follow to updating a similar cart? Or any ideas that I should start with?

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BD4154EC-01FE-46FF-BACE-20966E290A9E.jpg (23.5 KB, 0 views)
Canno10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2020, 09:00 PM   #2
jkenprice1
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Buying Advice on a 2003 Club Car

I would buy that cart for $800. Less if possible. That cart has the potential to do just under 20 mph and 23ish with a 2 inch lift and bigger rims and tires.
jkenprice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 10:49 PM   #3
Hkspwrsche
Gone Wild

Club Car

Definitely worth $800. Might be tough to low ball a friend. Looks like a spray can paint job? Low res photo. Can’t tell much else.
Hkspwrsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 06:12 AM   #4
Canno10
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the replies. And sorry for the low res photo as it was posted from my phone. I can try and upload a better one. The paint is a flat red and definitely not the best job. I will hopefully attend to that sooner rather than later. I was glad to see it already had the back seat though.

When I go look at it tomorrow, I plan to keep an eye out for the battery, the tires, and any noises when driving. Anything else before driving away with it I should keep in mind? For $800, my thought is even if I need to update some things right away, I’m still doing ok. Thanks to spending time on this site the last couple days, I already feel like I know some things to look out for and have some updates in mind to start with. Haha.
Old 05-10-2020, 08:22 AM   #5
panteramatt
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Around here that cart would be $2000, buy it asap
panteramatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 11:13 AM   #6
_ogre
Golf Cart? oops 😉

Club Car

top, windshield, back seat, upholstery in good shape and headlights... buy it
_ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 11:17 AM   #7
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteramatt View Post
Around here that cart would be $2000, buy it asap
Yep. From here up past you it is hard to find deals like that.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 11:49 AM   #8
Canno10
Not Yet Wild

It is good to see confirmation that this is a pretty good deal since I pretty much told him I’m buying it last week. Plan to pick it up early this week. Once I get it home and look at it more in depth, I would love to get the boards opinion on where to start with upgrading... I don’t plan to poor a bunch of money in it at once and would like to tackle specific phases at a time.
Old 05-10-2020, 06:40 PM   #9
mlanierjr
Getting Wild

Jump on it even if it needs batteries.
mlanierjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 08:23 PM   #10
Canno10
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Buying Advice on a 2003 Club Car **Update 5/12 Purchased

Wanted to provide an update. So good news is i am the proud new owner of my first golf cart. The bad news is, i am the proud new owner of a golf cart that currently doesn't run. Showed up and the batteries were bone dry and didnt look so good. I had factored in having to replace batteries right away even at $800. But looks like i will have to also get new cables and new tires. I purchased it for $680. Did i still do ok?

I posted some new and clearer pictures. I will be honest, i don't really know where to start... Any advice? Figured the batteries, all new cables, and some tires to get me by until i want to lift it a little and go slightly bigger would be a good place to start. Than move onto the controller/motor? Anything else of importance to keep in mind while i get this thing up and running for use while i gradually update it? I will try and revive the batteries. Appears they are from 2017.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image (1).jpg (131.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Image (2).jpg (97.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Image (3).jpg (144.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Image (4).jpg (133.6 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car