lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-01-2021, 12:52 PM   #1
tyricks95
Not Yet Wild

Default 2000 Yamaha G19E Not Moving

I need some help if anyone has any knowledge of a 2000 Yamaha Model G19E.
Issue is when the cart is on it is not moving. First thought was batteries. Check voltage for each battery before and after charge cycle. all are average 8.2V per, the whole circuit is 48.4V. Even when key is off, same when key is on. If I flip the R/F switch to Reverse, a buzzer activate but no movement. When R/F switch is in FWD there is no noise along with no movement. This connection from Negative side of Battery circuit provided 48.4V to R/F switch when triggered to REV/FWD. So made sure the R/F Switch(Directional Switch on wiring diagram) had power when commanded. It did, Moved to the Solenoid(relay on diagram) and tested current, From Battery Negative there is 48.4v to Solenoid in and out of the Solenoid. I followed the voltage circuit to confirm the Controller had power into it as well as out and to the Motor via A2 wire. So, I am getting a current from the start of the battery string to the motor positive side. Moved to the R/T switch above the Controller to confirm it has power, in Run mode it has 48.4V, but not 48.4V in Tow( I do not remember if I flicked the switch, reviewing my notes and I did not note it, I can check in the morning). Now when I received the cart I could not get the solenoid to engage(clicking noise), but now it clicks when selecting Run or Tow, but still no movement(Wire on Battery Positive frayed in the connection on Black wire that leads to Controller, fixed that and it completed the connection, this wire had a fuse or something on it but it was so corroded I could not see what exactly it was so I just spliced the wires together bypassing the fuse or whatever it was ( looked like a black connector but not fuse honestly). Anyways I have power to Controller, Solenoid, Motor, Main Switch(Key), F/R Switch, R/T Switch, only thing I have not checked is the Throttle Sensor and Accelerator Switch only because I cant find a good contact on the I think the Throttle Sensor(One under the Foot Pedal) and I have not found the other one. Am I on the right track here? I do not want to replace components if I do not have to. I have checked Voltage and Continuity to almost everything besides what I mentioned I had not found yet. Also, removed all Batteries, Cleaned each post, while batteries were out I cleaned all Connections on the Motor, Solenoid, R/T switch, Controller. Can anyone give me some advice?
tyricks95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-02-2021, 07:59 AM   #2
Olddog72
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2000 Yamaha G19E Not Moving

Fully charged 8v should be 9/9.2 volts (54v)
Olddog72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 12:10 PM   #3
tyricks95
Not Yet Wild

According to this chart they are fine, or am I looking at this wrong?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg StateOfChargePercetages-Trojan.jpg (32.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-02-2021, 02:03 PM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

8.2 is about 70% charged. Not good if you just completed a normal full charge.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 04:02 PM   #5
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I would check your stop switch under the accelerator pedal...Even if a stick is stuck under your pedal which I have seen many times it will not allow the pedal to activate switch and will tell the controller to not allow the cart to move until pedal switch is closed
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 05:00 PM   #6
tyricks95
Not Yet Wild

Funny you should say that, while working on it I was messing with that component(Accelorator Stop Switch). I unplugged the switch and was messing with that plug. I got it to where I heard the Solenoid working. I could use the pedal in forward and reverse no issue(wheels turning). But when I turned the key off and back on It would not work until I messed with the plug to get it to activate the Solenoid. So I just got back and replaced the Accelerator Stop Switch and it is the same issue. Find a sweet spot on the connection, works fine, then turn key off and will not work. Any Thoughts?
Old 03-02-2021, 05:30 PM   #7
tyricks95
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroluvz28 View Post
I would check your stop switch under the accelerator pedal...Even if a stick is stuck under your pedal which I have seen many times it will not allow the pedal to activate switch and will tell the controller to not allow the cart to move until pedal switch is closed
There was no stick or any obstruction to the switch. How does the Pedal Assembly work with the Accelerator Stop Switch, I see there is a plate that stop the pedal from moving anymore backwards that touches the probe on the switch. To the right of the probe is a bolt with multiple nuts that position it to align with the probe and stop it. This Bolt is level with the probe but on the new switch I have it can move that probe in. Is there something with this that is losing the Connection?
Old 03-03-2021, 07:18 AM   #8
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I believe you may be talking about the plunger on the stop switch itself? If so the plunger should fully close when pedal is at its resting position and come out as pedal is depressed which opens up the circuit...If it is not all the way in when pedal is all the way up the cart will think the pedal was down when key switch is turned on or tow switch is flipped and go into fault not allowing cart to move...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 11:07 PM   #9
tyricks95
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroluvz28 View Post
I believe you may be talking about the plunger on the stop switch itself? If so the plunger should fully close when pedal is at its resting position and come out as pedal is depressed which opens up the circuit...If it is not all the way in when pedal is all the way up the cart will think the pedal was down when key switch is turned on or tow switch is flipped and go into fault not allowing cart to move...
Okay so in the morning ill adjust the pedal assembly to make sure when the pedal is in "resting" position the plunger is activated, cause currently it might be barely touching the plunger.

Tags
2000 yamaha g19e, electric, g19e, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha