lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2021, 01:31 PM   #1
wbhess
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default EZGO DCS Issues

My uncle has a 99 ezgo dcs I believe. (serial E99*****) tow run on controller cover and f/r lever. I know at least two of his batteries are failing. Under load, 4 of the 6 batteries drop to 5.8v and the remaining two are at 3.2ish. They all hold steady at this voltage over a 100rd full throttle on flat ground. As the cart begins to die, there is a vibrating/humming noise coming from the controller. Any idea what this noise is?

Also...are DCS any bit similar to the PDS? I upgraded my PDS from 36-42v before I eventually upgraded everything to 48v. I have my old 42v charger with D style plug (same as my uncles). What would be needed for us to change is 36v to 42v? His cart is not lifted and is on 18" tires with rear seat and driving on flat/paved ground.
wbhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2021, 07:53 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO DCS Issues

The DCS was EZGO's first attempt of a SepEx drive and the controller had some design faults, so it was only on the market from 1995 through 1999 before being replaced by the PDS, whose controller was far more reliable.

The DCS and PDS drives have little in common other than they are 36V SepEx systems and the mechanical aspects of the carts they propel. The only things in the drive systems that can be interchanged is the batteries, high amps cables and solenoid. Motor, controller and wiring harness are different.

With aftermarket user programmable controllers that allow different field maps to be uploaded, the motors can be swapped. The DCS motor has more torque while the PDS motor has more speed, but without the right field mapping in the controller, they will overheat.

----------
To upgrade a stock DCS to 42V, a new controller and solenoid is needed as well as 7x6V batteries and 42V charger.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO