lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2010, 10:50 AM   #11
johnnylaw
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 1982 g1 wont go into reverse

Check the solinoid output. See Sticky at front of column
johnnylaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2010, 02:19 PM   #12
g1cruzer
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Unhappy Re: 1982 g1 wont go into reverse

In desperate need of advice. I have replaced the solenoids for both forward and reverse, the key/switch and had the starter/gen bench tested. I can get my cart to run forward, but not reverse "still" and it doesn't charge while it's running forward. I tested it while on blocks and when you hit the gas, the voltage drops from 12 to 11 while it is running and then goes down until it wont turn over. Help BGW you're my only help.
g1cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:38 PM   #13
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Your first post was in September 2009. Have you been working on this problem all this time, or has the buggy run OK at times in the past year? Let's start at the beginning. Test your battery to make sure it is good. Your last post makes it sound like it runs down quickly. A failing battery will cause all sorts of wierd problems. If it tests out OK, the most common problems with these buggies is loose or corroded connections and chafed/broken wires. Pull apart and check all the connectors to make sure the terminals are sound. Trace the harness and look carefully for damage. Look closely in the muffler/battery area for rub spots, melted spots where the harness may have hit the muffler, and corrosion from battery acid. You say you "have power", but do you have battery voltage (12.5 volts or better)? Use a voltmeter to measure your test points. A test light will light with only a few volts present, which is not enough to operate a solenoid or turn the starter motor.
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:28 PM   #14
boltz
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I noticed that in one of your last posts you said the buzzer comes on but in your first set of posts you where asking why it didnt work. Ok this is a huge Maybe dont laugh i know this is a long shot but dissconect it and see what happens good luck.
boltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:23 PM   #15
g1cruzer
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

A little more detail, I have been working off and on, on it for a while. I have 12.5 volts in the battery, it load tests fine. I have checked all of the connections and the wires, all is good there. I rechecked important wires from starter/generator for continuity and that is good. I swapped the solenoids to see if it is the new solenoid I just installed as the one I bought a while ago I broke a terminal off. The new solenoid I just bought is bad. So when I reversed them it will run in reverse and not forward. As it stands now I am trying to return the bad solenoid. I hope that when I have two good solenoids it will charge like it is supposed too. Also does anyone know if the 10 amp fuse on the ground is necessary or can it be cut out and hard lined? Thanks for the input.
g1cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:52 AM   #16
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

OK, so getting a good solenoid in there should make it run in fwd and rev. The ground fuse is essential, just like any fuse is. If you hardwire it you will burn up whatever is causing the short and/or the wiring harness. If this fuse is blowing you need to find and fix the problem. It may have to do with your no-charging problem. Disconnect the voltage regulator, put in a new 10 amp fuse and see what happens.
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha