lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-06-2009, 03:33 PM   #1
gpshemi
Getting Wild

Default No low speed at all

OK. I know some say that no low speed is typical, but this is ridiculous. My new to me cart has little to no low speed. It's either on and off the kill switch, which makes it sputter and choke slightly (not a backfire) or it's going about 8-10mph. There's no way to park it without getting herky jerky doing it. I see a ton of couplings. I understand where most of them lead to and what those things do, but how do you get it adjusted with so many linkages? What's up with the little rubber hose that's wearing also?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0013 (Large).jpg (58.1 KB, 37 views)
gpshemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-07-2009, 11:54 AM   #2
gpshemi
Getting Wild

Default Re: No low speed at all

No one has a suggestion? I'm a newbie obviously, but could use some help with what linkages to adjust here. The pc of hose between the two links bugs me. Can that really hold an adjustment for long?
Old 10-08-2009, 08:19 PM   #3
morepower
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

gpshemi,
I am a green pea as well and don't have any suggestions only to say that my 03' workhorse does the same thing. Its either WFO or nothing! I will watch to see if anyone has suggestions. Boy, I need a manual!
morepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:26 PM   #4
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Hey guys I could be wrong sense this if my first gasser build, but my 05 txt would run full out or not at all, bought new carb and the problem went away. Maybe some of the other guys will chime in the morning.

mark
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:29 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

My experience is too tight linkage causes the all or nothing throttle..... adjust at each end and leave the middle alone... this is the keep it simple solution
There must be some movement in the throttle to activate the solenoid etc before the carb linkage is pulled otherwise you are at half throttle before the electricity comes on
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:52 PM   #6
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Makes sense, thanks scottyb
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:51 PM   #7
Boris
DELETED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshemi View Post
OK. I know some say that no low speed is typical, but this is ridiculous. My new to me cart has little to no low speed. It's either on and off the kill switch, which makes it sputter and choke slightly (not a backfire) or it's going about 8-10mph. There's no way to park it without getting herky jerky doing it. I see a ton of couplings. I understand where most of them lead to and what those things do, but how do you get it adjusted with so many linkages? What's up with the little rubber hose that's wearing also?
to BGW GPSHEMI ....

I'm having issues adjusting my throttle set-up also and think I have narrowed it down to a suspect cable ...... this is what I've learned though. As little as you have to do

1) The linkage rod (adjuster) should be taken loose and straightened. Being bent like that, the carb adjustment is probably thrown off a tad .... I'd try that first ...... don't reconnect it yet.

2) It looks like the throttle screw is turned all the way in. Being like that you're at what looks like 1/4 to half throttle to start with ..... back it off completely. That should make it where it will idle by itself with slight pressure on the accelerator pedal ...... which only is keeping the microswitch open

3)Putting the linkage back on: Where ever the linkage attaches to the lever on the front is close to where the adjuster needs to be........... If you need to move the lever at the front adjuster to snap it back into place, that opens the butterfly in that carb up a little which is what you aren't wanting to do ....... Thats a starting point ...... From there you can fine tune it.

The little rubber hose is (I believe) nothing more that a cushion to keep the linkage rod from rattling and rubbing on the timing cover ..........
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:14 PM   #8
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Boris hit the nail!
The throttle screw cranked in was the first thing I looked at and it does look bottomed out by the looks of the tension spring.
Loosen it up so the throttle (butterfly) closes completely when off of the pedal.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 06:14 AM   #9
morepower
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks boris the picture is great,especially the arrows. I'll get on it tonight! BGW shure has saved me headaches!
morepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:06 AM   #10
gpshemi
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
to BGW GPSHEMI ....

I'm having issues adjusting my throttle set-up also and think I have narrowed it down to a suspect cable ...... this is what I've learned though. As little as you have to do

1) The linkage rod (adjuster) should be taken loose and straightened. Being bent like that, the carb adjustment is probably thrown off a tad .... I'd try that first ...... don't reconnect it yet.
The rod on mine is in two pcs. It's not bent. It flops around like a joint. Sounds like that should be replaced for starters.

Quote:
2) It looks like the throttle screw is turned all the way in. Being like that you're at what looks like 1/4 to half throttle to start with ..... back it off completely. That should make it where it will idle by itself with slight pressure on the accelerator pedal ...... which only is keeping the microswitch open
The idler is screwed down quite far. I'll tweak that this weekend and see what difference that makes along with taking the slack out of the throttle cable. One of the first things I did when I bought it was adjust the cable end so it opened all the way. The cart was only getting about 2/3's throttle. I could only go 15mph downhill with a tailwind. That got me 18mph on flat ground which I was happy with.

Quote:
3)Putting the linkage back on: Where ever the linkage attaches to the lever on the front is close to where the adjuster needs to be........... If you need to move the lever at the front adjuster to snap it back into place, that opens the butterfly in that carb up a little which is what you aren't wanting to do ....... Thats a starting point ...... From there you can fine tune it.

The little rubber hose is (I believe) nothing more that a cushion to keep the linkage rod from rattling and rubbing on the timing cover ..........
Time for replacement like I said above.

Thanks for the help. I'll start there and report back. Can't be much to it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO