lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-22-2009, 11:11 AM   #1
BLUE72CAMARO
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Question Top dimensions???

Can anybody tell me the width and length of a standard ezgo top? I am going to build a roof rack for my 96 txt with the standard top on it but I forgot to measure the width and height before I came to work today! I am hoping to whip out a 3D model in Inventor before I leave today since I will be off until Jan. 4th and was hoping to build it next week!
BLUE72CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-22-2009, 02:00 PM   #2
wish2fish
Gone Wild

Default Re: Top dimensions???

58" long x 40" wide. slight curved outward in the front to get to that 58"

it was 51" from the back roof support to the front support.

hope that helps
wish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:55 PM   #3
BLUE72CAMARO
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

yep that helps a ton! is the 40" diemsion the actual top of the roof or from handle handle as they stick out at an angle.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:31 PM   #4
wish2fish
Gone Wild

sorry, went out for a little while. that was measured up near the front support
wish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:16 AM   #5
BLUE72CAMARO
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Well finally got time to finish designing the rack.

What do you think?
Old 01-14-2010, 11:22 AM   #6
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

I think it looks good on paper. Just how much weight, though, can you carry on those little spinly roof supports? I would think you could put a lemon, a bottle of tripple sec, and a bottle of tequila in a Walmart sack and by the time you made it to the third hole, you'd have a fresh batch of Margaritas made up. Keep the pics of progress coming.
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 12:15 PM   #7
BLUE72CAMARO
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledRotten View Post
I think it looks good on paper. Just how much weight, though, can you carry on those little spinly roof supports? I would think you could put a lemon, a bottle of tripple sec, and a bottle of tequila in a Walmart sack and by the time you made it to the third hole, you'd have a fresh batch of Margaritas made up. Keep the pics of progress coming.
Well depending on what thickness wall tubing I get the rack could way as little as 35 lbs or as much as 70. Plus whatever a coating of linex bed liner will weigh, at least that is the plan for right now. I wont be putting much weight up there really, it is just a place for us to be able to throw our climber stands or bow cases so we have room to haul a deer out and our gear! I bet you would be suprised at how much those support struts for the top can hold though especially with something solid like this rack hooking them all together!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO