lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-06-2010, 08:55 PM   #11
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Installing a Rhino bed on a Marathon

Yep, coil springs in the rear on this cart, with 3" spacers under the springs & the shocks. So I will be in search of a spring option to stiffen things up a bit. I will probably cut the front of the bed so the angle is the same as the angle on the back of the seats & the two meet up with very little gap. And I'll need to figure out what I'm doing to do with the rear roof supports. I'm thinking about making uprights out of 1.5" tube & mounting them in the front corner of the bed.

Just installed a relay on the fuse box like Doomsman sketched up for me in another thread. And while I was at it I rigged up a 12v outlet too. Everything goes on & off with the key now.... headlights, taillights, 12v outlet, & stereo amp. Everything works great. Thanks D!
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2010, 12:40 AM   #12
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sittin around the bonfire last night, listening to the cart's tunes, cooler on board & talkin to my neighbor about the Rhino bed. He suggested making a trailer out of it.... that we'll use to drag all our stuff down to the beach all summer. He even had a BBQ grill he would mount in it (remember the badass orange cart & trailer posted here??). We were kickin other ideas around too. Could be pretty funny & perfect for draggin stuff down to the beach.

Then this morning I am messin around in the garage. I have an old swim platform from an old boat. I stuck it on the back of the cart, just for laughs. Then it dawned on me I could cut it down to fit, remove the rear basket & we have a wood cart platform on the back.

I mocked it all up in the garage this evening.

Thought about just mounting the Rhino bed on this HF trailer.

But figured I could build that for less expensive. And would be a cool welding project. Just need an axle & hubs to fit the old Marathon wheels & tires.

So what do you think? Funky boat theme on the cart. And provide a rear seat for stuff or person for short rides. And have a full size bed. Not sure how much I want to drag a trailer around all the time though. And will the SkySki hit it?
Old 02-22-2010, 10:09 AM   #13
shaneomac
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The mock up looks great I say go for it.
shaneomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:32 AM   #14
roxyrose08
Getting Wild

Club Car

is that an older ski cenyurion swim grid? looking good
roxyrose08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:46 AM   #15
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It's actually an older Mastercraft swim platform. I herculinered it a year or so ago to see how it would do on a teak step. Tough as nails. It's like 65" wide so I'll have to cut it down to about 49" for the cart. But it's just been sitting in the garage so no loss. I like Nomo's cart with the wakeboard bench, and considering that we use the cart for haulin stuff to/from the lake, it would be a funky novelty & very usable.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:00 PM   #16
Ghall
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you looking for coil springs, this is one thing you may want to look at. I add coil springs to my 88 ezgo with 4in lift the springs are 14in long and with 3 1/2in ID, 150lbs I got them on ebay for (I think) $5.00 each.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture.jpg (69.2 KB, 7 views)
Ghall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:09 PM   #17
nomo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirJunky View Post
It's actually an older Mastercraft swim platform. I herculinered it a year or so ago to see how it would do on a teak step. Tough as nails. It's like 65" wide so I'll have to cut it down to about 49" for the cart. But it's just been sitting in the garage so no loss. I like Nomo's cart with the wakeboard bench, and considering that we use the cart for haulin stuff to/from the lake, it would be a funky novelty & very usable.
I love the trailer idea! I could carry the big cooler and 10 gal. of gas in that baby! Get-r-done, and I'll back my hitch right up to it.

nomo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02290.jpg (94.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 100_5191.jpg (72.1 KB, 11 views)
nomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:41 PM   #18
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks guys. I started pulling the swim platform apart last night so I can cut it down to fit the cart. Since it's a slotted step, I'll have to pull it apart, cut the pieces down & reassemble it. Should take me a few days. I think I figured out the best way to mount it, by building a pedastal into the bagwell, probably out of 2x4s. Then the whole thing will sit in the bagwell, with the swimstep actually an inch or two above the fenders. Then I can anchor it to the seat posts. And remove it easily if needed.

Still trying to figure out how to build the axle on the trailer. I need a roughly 4' long axle that can haul around 500 lbs. Most any trailer axle is too long. And I haven't figured out how to build one other than using allthread & some kind of housing, and I didn't think that would carry the weight I'm expecting. Plus if I use the old cart rims & tires, I need to find some way of putting EZGo hubs on the axle. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:05 PM   #19
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

lots of stuff on here.

They also have torsion 1/2 axles $180 4x4 hubs and all, pricey but done.
http://www.trailerpart.com/
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:56 PM   #20
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Doomsman. The half shafts sure look like the ticket to me. But they ain't cheap.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO