lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2010, 04:24 PM   #1
dropbtm
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 Exhaust and Fuel Questions

Have a 81 G1 and had two questions for the masters......There is a hole in the muffler piping and a hose is supposed to attatch to it. Mine does not have the hose, what the hell is that...?? Also,was checking fuel pressure and am unsure of amount. When I hit the pedal to the floor, fuel barely comes out and as I let off pedal, fuel will fill my hand.....How much is enough....Seems weak to me?? Thanks for the help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cart Side.jpg (43.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg G1 Motor.jpg (35.9 KB, 14 views)
dropbtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2010, 05:48 PM   #2
technoid
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G1 Exhaust and Fuel Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropbtm View Post
Have a 81 G1 and had two questions for the masters......There is a hole in the muffler piping and a hose is supposed to attatch to it. Mine does not have the hose, what the hell is that...?? Also,was checking fuel pressure and am unsure of amount. When I hit the pedal to the floor, fuel barely comes out and as I let off pedal, fuel will fill my hand.....How much is enough....Seems weak to me?? Thanks for the help
It sounds like the hose is used to allow water condensation to drain from the muffler. Or its taking some of the exhaust heat and applying it to the carb to prevent venturi ice in cold damp weather. Thats the only logical explanation I can think of for the hose off the muffler. Now as for the fuel pump. Since it loses flow on a hard tromp it sounds like a vacuum operated pump. Manifold pressure drops on a sudden open throttle. Thus low vacuume to operate the pump. Now as to the amount of fuel, does the engine run normal? Any loss of power? Stalling? It may be a restricted fuel line or filter. Bad diaphram in the pump. Or poor engine compression. Without any trouble shooting facts, just guessing here.
technoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:40 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Does not take much fuel, but you should check the filter or replace, some put one inline. Check the hoses, check the vacuum one for leaks.

Hose on the muffler runs the oil injection pump. The pump is behind the clutch. It tells it how much oil to pump it senses throttle/load that way.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:13 PM   #4
dropbtm
Not Yet Wild

OK the exhaust thing makes sense to me now. Mine is mix gas converted so the line wouldnt be needed. I just got the project and it hasnt run on its own yet. I can get it running when I spray fuel mix into carb. thats as far as its gotten so far. Havent begun to check lines going to and from fuel pump yet. Had a bunch of issues including found a part in the carb bowl...........Fun so far though!!!! Thanks for the unput....
dropbtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:40 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

They are built like a tank, keep us updated many of us follow the G1s. One of these days I will get another one but have to big block my G9 first.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha