lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2010, 01:28 PM   #1
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Want to lift rear only 1 inch on a G-16. How ??

Just got a 97 G-16 and added a flip-flop seat. I would like to lift the rear only about an inch. Was thinking that a couple of 1 inch thick blocks between the shocks and axle would do the trick fairly simply, but not sure if something else might go south with this type of lift. Am I asking for problems ?? Is there another easy way to get a 1 inch rear only lift ?? Thanks in advance for any help. -- Ray

P.S.- Used this forum for information on torque kit install & also primary clutch help. All info. was "spot-on" and made life easy for me. Got the torque kit & a primary puller from CPP. Amazing service from these people !!! Spriddle's torque kit installation instructions work well. (ratchet strap for spring compression is a must).
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-21-2010, 06:39 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Want to lift rear only 1 inch on a G-16. How ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstik40 View Post
Just got a 97 G-16 and added a flip-flop seat. I would like to lift the rear only about an inch. Was thinking that a couple of 1 inch thick blocks between the shocks and axle would do the trick fairly simply, but not sure if something else might go south with this type of lift. Am I asking for problems ?? Is there another easy way to get a 1 inch rear only lift ?? Thanks in advance for any help. -- Ray

P.S.- Used this forum for information on torque kit install & also primary clutch help. All info. was "spot-on" and made life easy for me. Got the torque kit & a primary puller from CPP. Amazing service from these people !!! Spriddle's torque kit installation instructions work well. (ratchet strap for spring compression is a must).
You are on the right track with the 1" to 2" spacer blocks. Yamaha uses them on the "stretched" consier car's. Sorry the parts cd and Yamaha parts and service web site aren't working for me so no part # or picture for you. Will it cause a problem, no, not at all. You can also buy Jakes HD coil over spring kit, but sounds like you can fab, so you should try that first, alot less expensive.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:52 AM   #3
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Smile Re: Want to lift rear only 1 inch on a G-16. How ??

Thanks, SMALLBLOCK450lsl. Yes, am able to fab, so blocks sound like the way to go now that I know will not be a problem.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:25 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Likely harder to do but if you move the top mount down it will do it, but moving it back also will stiffen the suspension so it does not sag as much with the weight. I did that in my lift put holes to adjust it, but it is lifted to clear 22s. 1.25" bar fit right in there.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 01:01 PM   #5
pocket aces
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I bought these off Ebay. It is a 2 1/2 inch lift in the back.

http://cgi.ebay.com/YAMAHA-GOLF-CART...item5889c85cf7
pocket aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 03:32 PM   #6
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Nice Pocket Aces I new someone here bought them off ebay, but couldn't find it. Yamaha's are simualar, but only have flat bar protruding down for the upper shock holes and 3 times the price for 1 If you order from that ebay seller (a good price) make shure they'll work on your G16.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:16 PM   #7
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Mine came out of the scrap bin at the place I was working at lol.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:25 PM   #8
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
Mine came out of the scrap bin at the place I was working at lol.
Looks like it.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:59 PM   #9
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Smile Re: Want to lift rear only 1 inch on a G-16. How ??

Thanks guys for all the replies. Moving the top up and back looks interesting also, as it improves the load carrying. I will look at that one also and see how much more effort is required. Thanks again - really a great bunch on here !!!!

Ray
Old 10-23-2010, 06:22 PM   #10
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Looks like it.
We had an extensive scrap bin those pieces fit perfectly. 1.25" slides into the shock mount tight. The screws are so I could adjust how much higher it went when I moved it to a different hole, they just keep it from teetering. Its not like you could buy a lift in '99 or I would have, it took plenty of after-hours to figure out the lift and build the dump box. Of course I had to clear coat the boss' cart once I lifted his too.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha