lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-09-2011, 06:35 AM   #1
dusted800
Not Yet Wild

Default buying used cart HELP!!!!

going tomorrow to look at a used cart, guy says it is a 93 yamaha gas. First cart and need some help. Will there be a tag on this cart telling the year or model, and where should I look for this tag. Do these rot out underneath like a car or have weak spots from design and if so what should I look for. If I purchase this it will be for transporting 4 people around, so I plan on putting a lift kit in it. Do these lift kits come with heavy springs to carry the weight? thanx. for any help. wnk.
dusted800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-09-2011, 08:18 AM   #2
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Default Re: buying used cart HELP!!!!

There should be tag on the cross frame under the seat, under where the driver would be sitting. Check out the this link and take it with you when you go, it should be a G9 model and start with JG5:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...-locators.html

http://www.golfcarcatalog.com/index....ormation_id=29

These links and more information you might read up on is in the "Stickies" under the main Yamaha Gas section.

Rust is possible but not too likely and Yamaha's have a heavy duty frame. Look for any signs of frame repair especially in the front frame and suspension area. The lift kit won't come with HD springs but you can buy the "Booster" springs that will do the job from most of the sponsors here, they are very reasonable. The G9's are tough carts and easy to work on. They are very finicky about the air box being clean and tight, so make sure all those pieces are there and in good shape. Good Luck!
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha