lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2011, 09:59 PM   #11
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Metallic Rattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooly15 View Post
Ok, im stumped...To find this rattle, I took the drive belt off to isolate it to one of the clutches. With the belt off the rattle was still there....therefore it had to be the drive clutch because the driven wasn't turning. (so I thought). Bought a BRAND new drive clutch, installed it, and the rattle is still there...at high RPM's. I checked the exhaust and tightened it all down....still there...could this be something in the engine?
It has to be in the motor doesn't it ? Piston slap, valve lash, crankshaft end float or bad bearings, wrist pin. Have you checked the snubber ? is the engine slapping against the frame perhaps ?

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-29-2011, 10:32 PM   #12
wooly15
Gone Wild

The snubber is still there, well what's left of it... there's enough to keep metal from hitting metal. It's a pretty loud rattle...I'll take a video tomorrow and post it. Hopefully it's nothing major.
wooly15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:44 PM   #13
jace1975
Gone Wild

Club Car

Mine had a metallic rattle and ended up being the rod had slop between it and the crank. The bottom of the piston had broken into peices from hitting against the rod. When I finally tore it apart to cure my curiosity I also found at least one of the crank bearings was getting bad too.
jace1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:07 AM   #14
wooly15
Gone Wild

wow, I hope that's not the case....here is a video of the sound....it's kinda hard to hear over my loud a** dogs mad about not getting to "go"

wooly15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:54 PM   #15
Ksnell
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I also have a rattle that comes in at mid throttle to max soon as I let out the gas it stops. I've rebuilt both clutches and put a brand new starter motor also. Still have a rattle I can't find. Could be the motor I guess but it runs like a top no smoke anywhere fires first time the starter turns over.
I know this it an old dead thread but imma try and revive it. Thanks
Ksnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car