lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-02-2011, 09:03 PM   #11
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: TXT to ST Front Cowling

Two of my 3 EZs are the ST front end and gassers so the power used isn't a big deal. I also used the wally lights for my markers but broke down and got the factory EZs for the mains. I do like the look of yours and the LEDs. Where did you pick those up if you don't mind me asking ?? My camo cart has the Real Tree dip with a non glossy clear. Daughter likes it so I may swap and rebuild her workhorse for me with a new 4 series cowl...
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-02-2011, 09:28 PM   #12
TGJR
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Two of my 3 EZs are the ST front end and gassers so the power used isn't a big deal. I also used the wally lights for my markers but broke down and got the factory EZs for the mains. I do like the look of yours and the LEDs. Where did you pick those up if you don't mind me asking ?? My camo cart has the Real Tree dip with a non glossy clear. Daughter likes it so I may swap and rebuild her workhorse for me with a new 4 series cowl...
They're Rigid Industries D2 lights. I paid right around $179 if I remember correctly. The cheapest I could find the OEM headlights were well over $100. If they were going to be my primary lights without the LEDs then I would have sprung for the OEM headlights.

Rigid Industries also makes a set of lights called the D2 Duallys that are twice as bright as the D2 lights. They're ~$100 more but the output is supposed to be amazing. I might spring for a set of those in a spot pattern for those times when I need to see way out there.

That 4 series front looks very good though.
TGJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:31 PM   #13
WIN.308
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thats an awesome ride TGJR, what kind of wheels/tires does it have, where did you get them?
WIN.308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:09 PM   #14
TGJR
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIN.308 View Post
Thats an awesome ride TGJR, what kind of wheels/tires does it have, where did you get them?
Thanks! It was a fun project and was able to spend some quality time with the old man throughout the build. Those times seem to be too far and few these days.

The wheels are 12" ITP SS212 and the tires are Maxxis Ceros 23x10-12. Bought the wheels from http://www.jasonsgolfcarts.com/ITP_S..._p/tir-429.htm (they were super nice to deal with) and the tires came from eBay. I tried to find them as a package but I couldn't find anyone that had both the wheels and the tires in the size I needed.

The tires are a UTV-specific tire that Maxxis developed. I had read good things about them and I have to say I'm very pleased. They ride pretty smooth but still have enough of an aggressive tread for those times you find yourself needing some grip.
TGJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:11 AM   #15
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGJR View Post
They're Rigid Industries D2 lights. I paid right around $179 if I remember correctly. The cheapest I could find the OEM headlights were well over $100. If they were going to be my primary lights without the LEDs then I would have sprung for the OEM headlights.

Rigid Industries also makes a set of lights called the D2 Duallys that are twice as bright as the D2 lights. They're ~$100 more but the output is supposed to be amazing. I might spring for a set of those in a spot pattern for those times when I need to see way out there.

That 4 series front looks very good though.
Thanks for the info, I will check them out. Rigid as in Home Depot Rigid?

Also, if you really would like the OEM headlights, EZGo has them on their parts website for like $80 for a pair. Have 1/4" lugs on them so you can make your own harness. When I did my last convert to a ST they sold a package deal that had all the pieces needed to convert, lights, flares, sticker, brush guard and wiring for like $250 shipped. They of course do not have that package any more.. Now it includes a tube rear bumper I do not need and is $400.

And BTW, your ride does look sweet Some point in time I will get off my butt and post pics of the camo cart I built in June..
Old 11-03-2011, 01:35 PM   #16
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

The new L4, S4, etc. was just released, new for 2012, so the new cowls will be expensive. I don't know what hardware is required to make the new cowl fit, But the new cowls will fit the TXT and the ST, if you wanted to update your ST with the new look.
Legendary Golf Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:17 PM   #17
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Does anybody have a pic of the L4 dash?
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:53 PM   #18
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

The L4 dash is identical to the one used on the Medalist/TXT/ST
Legendary Golf Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:49 PM   #19
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Thanks LGC.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:57 PM   #20
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Well, talked with my dealer guy and we are going to have to wait a little longer. EZ-Go does not have these cowls or parts for them in the "system" yet dagnabbit. I asked what happens if they get one damaged and for now, they have to get one directly from the company that makes them... I'll keep whining and maybe that will speed up EZ-Go orrrr not. Still think they are going to be pricey but we will see.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO