lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2011, 11:58 AM   #1
mattpatt
Not Yet Wild

Default Just ordered a complete rebuild kit

Just ordered a complete rebuild kit for my 85 EZ go. I have never done anything like this before so I may have alot of questions. I have the motor out and the clutch and flywheel are off. That's where I stopped a month ago when I found that the crankshaft was loose and decided to save up the money for a complete rebuild kit. The kit just shipped and I hope it makes it here before Christmas. I have the following week off work and plan to do the work while I'm off. Is there a service manual that tells me what I need to do and in what order? I kind of flying blind here. I have never rebuilt a engine before but I do know the basic stuff.

Thanks,
matt
mattpatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-19-2011, 02:54 PM   #2
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Just ordered a complete rebuild kit

So first I would go here and find the manual, also scroll down and print out those four or five pages, that is some good stuff.

Now go
and watch the video which is in three parts.

In general;

Get a whole load of ziplock bags and a sharpie. Keep all the nuts and bolts together and mark each bag accordingly.
Not the position of the 5 head bolts, they have to go back in a specific place. If you do lose track then use the air shroud as a template, some bolts have heads to fix the shroud.
Find a shop that will press the bearings onto the crankshaft it will save you a lot of grief.
Make sure that the port in the piston faces the carburetor, get this wrong (as he did in the video) and the cart will barely run and you will shed tears of bitter rage and frustration.
Use a grey gas resistant mastic on the two crankcase halves.
Cleanliness is next to Godliness.

Enjoy the rebuild
Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:54 PM   #3
1lane66
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: Just ordered a complete rebuild kit

MP,,,Here is a pdf that should answer your questions and other helpful info. Donald...........
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 85-EZGO(2)(11).pdf (6.71 MB, 19 views)
1lane66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO