lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2012, 06:52 PM   #1
Chewlla Creek
Not Yet Wild

Default 96 ezgo won't go

I am new to this and my cart just quit going
Chewlla Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2012, 08:30 PM   #2
TheWiltz
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 96 ezgo won't go

If you add complete details of your cart and exactly what happened, and go fully charge your batteries , and be prepared to answer questions about your fully charged batteries, and have a DVM handy. You will get your cart running.

More info needed, and welcome. ;)
TheWiltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:47 PM   #3
Chewlla Creek
Not Yet Wild

It is a 96 ezgo with selector switch by your knee. The batteries are showing 37.2 volts. Each batt is showing 6.20 to 6.23 per each. Was riding the cart at camp deer hunting and it just quit. It has a 400 Dcx controller now. When you turn on key the solenoid klicks and the controller flashes 4 times and when you hit the gas it goes to a amber color. With key off I have 31.7 volts across Solenoid, with key on I have .010 across big lugs and nothing changes when I press gas
Old 05-24-2012, 09:22 PM   #4
99txt
Not Yet Wild

goin by the chart i got from scottyb, the batteries are at a 70% charge. im still new at this stuff as well but if you have a ? there are a bunch of really nice people here that know there stuff and can help out.
99txt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:57 PM   #5
Chewlla Creek
Not Yet Wild

I really appreciate it. I just took cover of of the back where I could get to the motor and it is hot like you can't keep your hand on it. The key was on for about 30 min should the motor be getting hot without running? I have not had reverse for over a year but I can swap the wires and it would move backwards but then with them that way no forward. Who needs reverse anyway.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:13 AM   #6
FF Titus
Gone Wild

Have you load tested each battery? Check for loose cables?
FF Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:32 AM   #7
Chewlla Creek
Not Yet Wild

I have not load tested each battery but I have checked all cables and they are all tight. Batteries are around a year old. I wish I could find another one of the trouble shooting guides I had seen that told you if your cart does this then go to here if not go to here. It was very helpful. I should have printed it off and I don't remember what site I found it on.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:44 AM   #8
TheWiltz
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It's in the stickies above. Look at the service manual one.
TheWiltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:46 AM   #9
rib33024

Welcome to BGW

here's the DCS trouble shooting guide start here, sounds like you have a Bad controller and and a stuck solenoid

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...eshooting.html
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:21 PM   #10
Chewlla Creek
Not Yet Wild

While doing these test on trouble shooting with the key on and run tow switch in run position the motor is getting so hot you can't leave your hand on it. Is it supposed to be getting that hot when the cart won't move! The key has been on for about 30 to 45 min.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO