lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2012, 09:27 PM   #11
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: g1 front shocks

I had the same problem. Bought the Jakes lift, installed it, and had slanty tires. It would look ok once you got it off the jack stands, but after a short ride the suspension settles and because it's a single a arm and the wheels scrub the ground, the suspension doesn't rebound all the way. In other words, the pressure of the tires dragging across the ground don't allow the wheels to straighten out. Stiffer springs will help. But this will cause a terrible ride. I tried Honda TRX250 shocks, Warrior shocks, and LTZ400 shocks. All with the same result. The single a arm front suspension just isn't made for long travel shocks. When the suspension compresses with the longer shocks, the wheels get out of alignment. When it tries to rebound, same scrubbing action causes the shocks to stay partially compressed. I fiddled with mounting positions. Changed shocks. Fiddled some more. Nothing worked perfectly. Now my Jakes lift is sitting on a shelf.

My solution. ATV long travel dual a arm suspension. Much softer, more travel, better ride, better handling. So glad I did it.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2012, 01:56 AM   #12
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: g1 front shocks

When I made my mounts I did it at ride height and I got lucky first shot and the tires are dead even when driving forward.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha