lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2012, 03:07 PM   #1
Yama HA G1
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default G1 jakes lift questions

I have a g1 with a homemade lift on it and am having trouble with the tie rods and the arm between the tie rods and spindle bending. Was wondering if anyone has had this problem? Am considering buying a jakes lift or allsports lift. Do either of those lifts use the existing. Tie rods or the arm that I am having trouble with? Ive been lookinggood at new parts and byu the timearm i buy them I could almost buy a all new lift. Its hard to tell what is actually used in the pictures (just shows a bunch of parts) does anyone have any up close pics of their lift that might clear things up for me. Thanks
Yama HA G1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2012, 04:24 PM   #2
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: G1 jakes lift questions

Can you post some pics of your lift?It sounds like you have something wrong with your set-up.How much lift,How much did you move it forward if at allwhat shocks(stock or something else)Do the front-wheels curl around towards each other when you back-up?I build lifts for Yamis',I'm sure I can figure out what is happening.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:10 PM   #3
Yama HA G1
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I can take some pics in the next couple days. I bought the cart with this lift already on it. Seems to be about 4 to 5 inches. Just recently bought the cart and have been trying to get it running. First time I rode it within 10 minutes I went through a tiny ditch and it bent. Very strange because it has been lifted for 3 to 4 years and there's no signs of this happening before. I know it's been abused by it's previous owners way more than what made it bend with me. Not sure about shocks. Look stock to me. I'll get some pics ASAP! Thanks for your interest in helping me out
Old 07-08-2012, 08:59 PM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I've bent alot of tie rods on atv's and my golf cart. Usually it happens when one of the wheels gets jammed in a rut and you have to turn against it to get through the obstacle. I've bent three tie rods on an atv on the same side at the same obstacle over the course of several years.

With that said, I'd definitely check the steering for any binding. Put the cart up on jack stands and have someone turn the wheel while you watch from a safe vantage point. Look for anything that might be coming in contact with the steering setup. You can also put a jack under that particular wheel and compress the suspension without the shock in it. This will simulate a full compression while running through that ditch. Then turn the wheel and look for binding/contact on the tie rod.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:00 PM   #5
Yama HA G1
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thanks for info. Do you use the existing tie rods with the james a arm lift?
Old 07-09-2012, 06:08 PM   #6
Yama HA G1
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I can't get pics to upload for some reason. When I pull up the attachment page it won't let me click on the upload icon. I'm new to this site anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Pachanga90 I sent you a pm
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha